You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NIK - Collection v 4 - Modul Silver Efex Pro and Viveza starting as standalone

I've been working with NIK-Collection V4 and Affinity-Photo V1 for a while now. Everything has worked well so far.

With Affinity-Photo I have the problem that the modules Silver Efex Pro and Viveza are no longer started as a plug-in application but as a stand-alone application.

They don't get an OK button to pass the image back to Affinity-Photo V2.  The other modules do not have this problem.

In Affinity Photo V1 the OK button is present.

Can you correct this

Thanks for your help

I am using a MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2014 with Big Sure and Intel Iris Pro1536 MB graphics card.

Efex-Fehlerl.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi Volker Krenz, 

We've tested the NIK apps and aren't getting this, have you run the applications in full standalone before running them in our app?

Beyond this I can only suggest reinstalling the plugins from scratch or contacting the plugin maker for further support.

Lee

• 2 months later...

I have reinstalled the plugins several times and am also familiar with the installation process.
As I said, the plugins in V1 work as they should.
I have V1, V2 and V2 Beta on the MacBook
But only in V1 it runs as it should.
I have also read in other forums that I am not the only user who has this problem.

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2023 at 3:41 AM, Volker Krenz said:

I have reinstalled the plugins several times and am also familiar with the installation process.
As I said, the plugins in V1 work as they should.
I have V1, V2 and V2 Beta on the MacBook
But only in V1 it runs as it should.
I have also read in other forums that I am not the only user who has this problem.

I also have this issue. Installed twice. Same problem. Silver FX and Viveza.

Any solutions yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @youngmedia,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. I'm nor experiencing any issues here.
Can you post a screenshot of the Photoshop Plugins section in Affinity Photo Preferences, so I can see the plugins config please?
Can you also post a screenshot of the Apple > About This Mac panel - remember to hide the serial number in the screenshot.
What Affinity version are you using? 1, 2 or 2 Beta? Thanks.

Hi @MEB
I believe I may have jumped the gun on this issue. It seems Nik 4 does not work with OS 13 Ventura .... at least not fully anyway. I saw a table that showed 'No' to compatibility. I am wondering whether this is the issue the guy above has.
Looks like I may have to update to Nik 5.

CleanShot 2023-05-11 at 15.39.49@2x.jpg

I'll also have my say on the subject once again.
I use the NIK Collection 5.0.4
The described problem occurs only from V2.
I have created appropriate screenshots and post them here now.
Thanks also to the other users, so I'm not alone.

V1

Affinity-1.10.6.jpg

V2

Affinity-2.0.4.jpg

V2 last Beta

Affinity-Beta-2.1.0(1790).jpg

• Staff

Hi @Volker Krenz,
Thanks for the screenshots. Please try the following: in the Photoshop Plugins Preferences in Affinity, in the Plugin Search Folders section remove the /Applications/Nik Collection line. Leave only the /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Plugins line.
Restart Affinity, check if all plugin's names are present in the Filters>Plugins menu and try those two that weren't working previously (Silver Efex Pro and Viveza). Let me know if all is working correctly now. Thanks.

I changed this once as requested, but it does not result in any different behavior.
I have even removed the NIK and reinstalled with the appropriate path.
But unfortunately it still does not work.
As I said, everything runs correctly under V1.
image.thumb.png.5517f614ee244eaae76ea2b1f880f3f4.png
Still missing the button for transferring the image from NIK and Affinity-Photo.
image.thumb.png.6f7dda800f2d66c01e28d4502c9ba6c2.png

Just a heads up.

I just went to upgrade from Nik 4 and saw that Nik 6.0.0 is just out. So, I upgraded to that instead. $79 upgrade fee.

All filters seems to be working well from within Affinity 2 as expected.

Affinity is now included in the list of software applications too.  

• 2 weeks later...

@Volker Krenz / @MEB

I updated to Nik 6. It all worked fine until the Affinity 2.1 Update. Now a bunch of the Nik Plugins open as a standalone app instead of being a plugin within Affinity.

Good - HDR Efex
Good - Sharpener Output
Good - Sharpener RAW
Fails - Viveza
Fails - Silver Efex
Fails - Colour Efex
Fails - Analog Efex
Fails - Define 

I uninstalled and re-installed Nik 6. Same issues.

CleanShot 2023-05-25 at 15.23.55@2x.jpg

CleanShot 2023-05-25 at 15.23.28@2x.jpg

• Staff

Hi @youngmedia,
Regarding Nik Collection 6, this is a known issue that's already logged with dev. V5 however should work fine and is indeed working for me although I still have one scenario where i need to test/check a few things which I believe may be causing @Volker Krenz issues with two plugin from Nik Collection v5.

29 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi @youngmedia,
Regarding Nik Collection 6, this is a known issue that's already logged with dev. V5 however should work fine and is indeed working for me although I still have one scenario where i need to test/check a few things which I believe may be causing @Volker Krenz issues with two plugin from Nik Collection v5.

Ok, thanks. The reason I upgraded to Nik 6 was because I was on Nik 4 and was having the same issue as @Volker Krenz. Only Viveza and Silver Efex were failing. I will ask if, in the meantime, they can send me a download link for V5. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Nik collection 6 when launched from 2.1 doesn't have an Apply/Cancel button but does when launched from 2.0.4 MacOS." (REF: AFP-6184) has been retested using Nix Collection 6.1 and found to no longer occur in build "2.1.0.1806". We think that DxO have addressed this problem and now recognise Affinity Photo 2 more reliably. Hopefully you also find this is true with a new install/update of the collection.

From their support forums thread on this the 6.1 release notes are currently here including this grafik.png

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 months later...