You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with Persona tone mapping and HDR EXR files from Ricoh Theta Z1 camera (360)

HI, I'm trying Affinity to see results on EXR and HDR 360 panos, I'm pretty happy with the results, but there is a problem, after applying Persona Tone mapping the resulting image is no longer a smooth 360, here you can see what I'm talking about, before and after.

So, how can avoid or fix this, this is essential to decide whether to buy the software or not (I'm using trial)

Thank's! I hope someone can provide any solution

582672284_beforetonemapping.thumb.JPG.b031b41d8eb2aaa05aea92d8605ddaa9.JPG816178550_aftertonemapping.thumb.JPG.4e572f917088f6e73fccd899dadc66b4.JPG

Edited by Jose Figueroa

Unfortunately this is a known limitation of Affinity. It cannot create seamless 360 tone map images.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• 2 weeks later...

As @NotMyFault says, the develop and tone mapping tools aren't edge aware so the left hand and right hand sides of a "flat" 360 image are processed differently and result in the seam.

I was hoping that Serif might have worked on this for V2 but unfortunately it appears not - it should be relatively easy for them to do.

Technically there is a workaround - if you watch this video it shows you how to do in in photoshop - what we need as a minimum is a similar script in Affinity Photo.