You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MyBug #3 - Dragging the effect layer icon (FX) to the trash starts scrolling

When i want to drag the FX icon to the trashcan, the layer list scrolls down and i have lost the focus to my active layer. 

I think the problem is that the focus goes instantly to the next layer (for copy the FX ?) and the focus of the list entry starts scrolling if the page is too long and needs a scrollbar. Waiting 1-2 Second over a layer before activating the list entry could help to prevent activating before you are on the trashcan. In Photoshop the scrolling is only occurred the first time if you reach the End of the list and then wait a second. Here i also have much time to go to the trashcan icon.

Better from usability standpoint, in my opinion, would be not to bring up the FX setting window with a single click. Instead with a double click maybe? And then activate and deactivate the FX for the layer with a single click. It also would fit into the mechanism to lock a layer or hide a layer... It works both with a single click on the icon on the right side of the layer. As adjustment layers etc. also gets its setting with a single click it may be a problem (also here i would prefer a double click to open the settings but also my opinion). But this just by the way, a better handling with the scrolling to get to the trashcan would be enough ;)

• Staff

I don't really think this is a bug as the app is working as intended so I have moved this thread to the feedback section where it is likely a better fit.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

2 hours ago, imagodespira said:

Have you tried?

For the record, I have tried on Mac, and it doesn't scroll that fast as in your video. At the bottom of the visible list, it will even wait for a moment before it starts scrolling.
So the bug would be primarily a Windows thing, as it seems.

Also, on Mac I can always drag the icon outside the list to the trash can so that no scrolling takes place at all.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2