You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MyBug #1 - Resizing document -> incorrect round borders

Before exporting single UI parts which i build in 4k, i have to halve the size of my document to FullHD, then i rasterize the layers i need (export without rastering... it is a next bugreport ;) ). 

On some objects, the round corners are not scaled correctly. I also played around with "scale with object" but it does not help

It only occurs if i set the contour to "absolute size". 

Before resizing -> look at the resume button:

image.thumb.jpeg.e68fd977a978b8bd966613e96999365e.jpeg

After resizing: 

image.thumb.jpeg.8ef02ca4483c628afee4a3f0f3bedcb7.jpeg

This is only one of the bugs i found. My list is very, very long and i try to post it here piece by piece. 

Thanks for look into it!

Version: 2.0.0 Windows 11

MenuTest.afphoto

• Staff

Hi @imagodespira,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:43 PM, imagodespira said:

On some objects, the round corners are not scaled correctly. I also played around with "scale with object" but it does not help

It only occurs if i set the contour to "absolute size". 

I can confirm this is expected behaviour when set to 'Absolute Size' - as this is not a Stroke property, but a Corner property and therefore it is unaffected by 'Scale with object'. This means the 'Absolute Size' is retained when resizing, causing the shape to change slightly in your example.

For your use case, you should use the percentage option as this will retain the objects shape when resizing.

I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Apologies, but the option is named 'absolute size', as it's use case is for when you want a specific value to be used for the corner - when resizing the document this specific value would not be changed, as you've already used the aforementioned option to force the app to retain this exact value.

Otherwise, we would receive reports of this issue but for the opposite, where a user has selected 'absolute size' and then resized the document, but the absolute value has changed, which would be unexpected.

As mentioned, you need to use the Percentage based option if you wish for this to scale correctly when resizing the file :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!