You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color panel always switching

norbinw

How do I make the color panel stick to whatever I chose?? I've tried unlocking and changing, locking after change, locking before change, after I close a document, It will switch back CMYK in print documents.. Sometimes to RGB in RGB files (even tho I select HSL).

Is this a bug? Is this another "feature"? Am I missing something?

V1 was sticking to HSL regardless of file opened.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 12.43.01.JPG

2 hours ago, norbinw said:

How do I make the color panel stick to whatever I chose?? I've tried unlocking and changing, locking after change, locking before change, after I close a document, It will switch back CMYK in print documents.. Sometimes to RGB in RGB files (even tho I select HSL).

For me, the document palette retains the last palette used after saving a document, whether CMYK, RGB, HSL etc., but it defaults to CMYK if creating a new document using one of the Prepress presets, after which all new documents open using the CMYK palette even when choosing an RGB Print preset.

My expectation would be that the default palette should reflect the colour settings in the Document Setup but this doesn't appear to be the case, so possibly a bug but maybe one of the Mods can confirm...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

It is a bug, V1 behaved as should - Locked always remembered the one I used. Otherwise what's the point of the lock there? Unlock = changing to document profile, lock = locked to what you chose. Both locked and unlocked behave the same now.

It reverts to CMYK for me too, even if I open RGB, even if I lock it to HSL..

That's not the purpose of locked and unlocked... locked and unlock reference the colourspace used for specific graphics on the canvas, so, e.g., if you create a shape and apply a colour to that shape using the CMYK sliders when the padlock is unlocked, say for the sake of argument you create a Rectangle and apply C:0, M:100, Y:0, K:0 and then you create a second shape, say an Ellipse and with the padlock still unlocked change to the RGB sliders and apply R:0, G:100, B:0 to the Ellipse.

Selecting the Rectangle will switch to the CMYK sliders and selecting the Ellipse will switch to the RGB sliders. If you lock the padlock, selecting either shape the colour sliders will remain on whichever you've selected regardless of which sliders were used to apply the colour. This is the same as the V1 behaviour.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

• 3 weeks later...