You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey folks,

I have a problem:)

I created a Christmas card with affinity designer. In affinity, everything looks fine. If I export the file (png or jpg) the text is not sharp.
I tried almost everything I found on google, but it doesn't work. Attached the jpg.

Can anybody help me out.

Thanks

Carl 

Seite 13.jpg

Welcome to the forums @carlcengiz

That text looks okay to me as I’m viewing it but I don’t know what level of ‘sharpness’ you want.

Designer draws all vector layers (including font text) on-screen as ‘sharp’ as it can but when you export to a bitmap some detail will be inevitably lost because pixels are inherently ‘fixed-size’.

Have you checked the DPI of your document in Document Setup? If it’s low, 72 for example, try upping it to, for example, 300.

Für eine bessere Darstellung reichen die Pixel nicht.
Wie soll die Grafik verwendet werden? Web? Druck? Format?

––––––––––

The pixels are not enough for a better representation.
How should the graphic be used? Web? Print? Format?

Thanks to DeepL.

That screenshot looks a lot worse than your earlier image. Which application are you viewing the latest image in, and at what zoom level?

Can you give us a screenshot of your Designer export settings? It may be that you have a lower export DPI than the document DPI.

(Also, if your document dimensions are very small then that might be causing an issue.)

If you can share the AFDESIGN document itself then people can test it on different machines, and check things more quickly, which may help with problem diagnosis.

15 minutes ago, Palatino said:

Für eine bessere Darstellung reichen die Pixel nicht.
Wie soll die Grafik verwendet werden? Web? Druck? Format?

––––––––––

The pixels are not enough for a better representation.
How should the graphic be used? Web? Print? Format?

Das soll eine ecard werden.

das Problem ist, auf der Plattform selbst ist das Logo scharf, die Schrift aber schwammig.

Der Screenshot zeigt die Datei in der Vorschau auf dem MAC.

Der erste Screenshot zeigt jpg-Artefakte durch (zu) starke Komprimierung. Vielleicht wird der Text auch leicht skaliert, weshalb eine weitere Unschärfe dazukommt. Die Vorschau finde ich okay.

–––––

The first screenshot shows jpg artefacts due to (too) strong compression. Perhaps the text is also slightly scaled, which is why another blur is added. I find the preview okay.

Thanks to DeepL.

8 minutes ago, Palatino said:

Der erste Screenshot zeigt jpg-Artefakte durch (zu) starke Komprimierung. Vielleicht wird der Text auch leicht skaliert, weshalb eine weitere Unschärfe dazukommt. Die Vorschau finde ich okay.

–––––

The first screenshot shows jpg artefacts due to (too) strong compression. Perhaps the text is also slightly scaled, which is why another blur is added. I find the preview okay.

Ich exportiere einfach als jpg.

wie kann ich die Komprimierung denn ändern? 

2 hours ago, carlcengiz said:

I created a Christmas card with affinity designer.

Can you post a screenshot of your document setup in Designer so we can see exactly what you have to work with in terms of pixels.
If your working document is too small in terms of pixels to start with then no amount of extra dpi or lowering compression settings will help.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

9 minutes ago, carlcengiz said:

Leider ja. Und Innenränder auch.

oben 100

unten 50

rechts 50

links 80

Uff. So wenig Pixel(fläche), um so viele Informationen per Text unterzubringen...

Es gibt spezielle Schriftarten/Fonts, die für die Darstellung mit minimaler Größe bzw. Pixelanzahl erstellt wurden. Leider sind die in der Regel alles andere als "attraktiv" – aber immerhin lesbar. Zu finden via Google, z. B. hier.

------

Wow, that's not a lot of pixels for that many text...

There are special fonts for tiny pixel display. Not pretty, but at least they are working. Google for "pixel fonts" or "small pixel font", some can be found here.

Edited by Andy05
Added translation.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

14 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

Uff. So wenig Pixel(fläche), um so viele Informationen per Text unterzubringen...

Es gibt spezielle Schriftarten/Fonts, die für die Darstellung mit minimaler Größe bzw. Pixelanzahl erstellt wurden. Leider sind die in der Regel alles andere als "attraktiv" – aber immerhin lesbar. Zu finden via Google, z. B. hier.

------

Wow, that's not a lot of pixels for that many text...

There are special fonts for tiny pixel display. Not pretty, but at least they are working. Google for "pixel fonts" or "small pixel font", some can be found here.

Wem sagst du das. Danke, nuss ich mal suchen.