You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 2, Designer 2 and Publisher 2 crash very often when app is running on a second 4K monitor

uli123

I'm using the Surface Book 2 with 16GB RAM, 512GB HD, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz and GeForce GTX 1050 and a 4K Monitor as a second screen.

Every vew minutes all apps are crashing especially when I zoom in and out.

This doesn't happen when I use the laptop screen.

Uli 😞

I have crashes often too with Designer V2 but on Mac, Macbook Air M2 monterey. I use an external display 32", but I have the Macbook closed, so it is the only screen. The moment I hide Designer after export is done, it crashes. Happened several times already. Bad thing is, I saved the doc, did some changes I wanted not to be saved, then exporting, hide, crash. When I open Designer again, it opened directly with the last document including the changes I did not want to save.

11 hours ago, RichardMH said:

Are your graphics drivers up to date? 

Does it still happen with hardware acceleration turned off? (Edit->Preferences->Performance)

The 4K monitor runs off the GTX 1050?

Are the Affinity apps set to be high performance in Windows settings?

My drivers are up to date.

It happens in all combinations: With Intel Graphics 620, with GTX 1050, with and without OpneCL: I open any file, zoom in and out 20 to 40 times and all Apps crashes.

> Are the Affinity apps set to be high performance in Windows settings?

I can't find the apps of version 2. In HD C - Programs - Affinity there are only the "old" version 1 apps from March ...

image.png.3784821b906c975937b2bf99d12717dc.png