You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 2: Copy raw development settings to other photos?

In Affinity Photo 2 (AP2) can raw development settings be copied from one developed photo to another photo so as to make batch adjustments for photos that have similar exposure and lighting?

I watched a really nice YouTube tutorial by James Ritson about bringing multiple raw files into AP2, each raw file in its own layer with the goal of compositing them together to create beautiful star trails. He made one set of development adjustments, and those adjustments were applied to each of the file simultaneously.

Would a similar method be used for batch developing raw photos shot with similar lighting and camera settings? Or is there some other way to copy raw development settings and apply them to other files? 

If AP2 has this capability, then that makes it even more valuable a tool for raw development.

Yes, although once you have developed a whole bunch of files you still need to get them out into individual files. Use the export Persona if you want TIFF/JPEG files. Or if you want a bunch of Affinity Photo files you will need to do the laborious copy and make a new document from the clipboard for each one of the layers.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

15 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Yes, although once you have developed a whole bunch of files you still need to get them out into individual files. Use the export Persona if you want TIFF/JPEG files. Or if you want a bunch of Affinity Photo files you will need to do the laborious copy and make a new document from the clipboard for each one of the layers.

Thank you! @Old Bruce

Is there a way in Affinity Photo to automate the export of individual layers? 

One more thing unrelated to my original question: Does AP2 have a way to save .AFPHOTO files that are backward compatible with v1? 

8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Would a similar method be used for batch developing raw photos shot with similar lighting and camera settings? Or is there some other way to copy raw development settings and apply them to other files? 

Yes, you can batch process RAW files, follow the link below...

6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

One more thing unrelated to my original question: Does AP2 a way to save APHOTO files that are backward compatible with v1?

No, not directly. You can copy/paste all the layers from a V2 document into a V1 document but some of the V2 features will be missing or flattened in the V1 document

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.