You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi OldHickory30,

Welcome to the forum.

In Affinity you can set the default colour profiles in the Preferences menu using the ⌘ + , Keyboard shortcut and you can also use a Soft Proof Adjustment layer to try different colour profiles and this layer is a non exporting or printable layer.

That worked great thanks, however one lab I use, has very specific settings. Unfortunately some of these options

are not available in Affinty. Suggestions? Not trying to be difficult but I'd like to leave PS once and for all. Also the lab is getting requests fr Affinty settings.

On a side note, I've tried to attached a screen shot, but this forum will not allow any extension or size, when I try to attached all I get is upload fails, very frustrating!

the printer profile and rendering intend dialog  should not be buried in the genreal preferences it belongs in print dialog !

For at least some printers, the profile choices will show up in the OS X print dialog. Check out coranda's post at https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/11293-ap-printing-with-icc-printer-profiles/?p=48255

for the details, but basically in the print dialog you have to get to the Color Matching section, click the "Colorsync" button, & then choose something other than "Automatic" from the dropdown list.

As I understand it (which could be way off) this is an OS X system-level feature, one that gets its functionality from the printer software installed on the Mac, so it may not be available depending on what that software includes. But if it is supported, it should be possible to save it as a printer preset from the Preset popup menu.

EDIT: I tried half a dozen times to make the URL of coranda's post a link but for some reason this forum's reply editor is not letting me do that.

Edited by R C-R

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Appreciate the feedback, however I have very specific settings that my lab(s) require depending on the order, many if the settings which are not available in Affinity, Would love to share the settings however this forum refusess to allow me to post any sort of file including a screenshot!

Ok, looks like I can finally post screen shots! Here is a sample of the profiles setting that my main lab requires for image and color optimization. Obviously, some of these setting are not available in Affinity so, I'm asking how would I at least get it close. Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

post-25604-0-24889800-1454514643_thumb.jpg

Hi OldHickory30

Sorry to butt into your discussions, but for me it looks like there are two separate things being discussed here. In the AP

Preferences there are all the settings to choose how AP handles colour for Images opened into the software ie. how it treats the embedded profiles on cases of mismatch, how it converts rgb to cmyk etc.

Print settings are set in the print menu and there if you print with profiles you should use ColourSync which is part of the OS. All settings are OS level settings and paper profiles or print profiles will be piukee up from the ColorSync folder (installed with the printer software or dowloaded from the paper manufacturer of commercial printer or lab).

Image Canon be converted to those profiles or embedded with them before sending for further processing.

If one does not want to print with profiles, then there is the possibilty to use the printer driver's features which means no ColorSync and colour accuracy will be a big guess.

The thumbnail you attached shows only standard sRGB colour space, standard CMYK conversion parametre and renderöinti intent.

Vieuxjeux

Profile conversions in AP need to be addressed and soon. As far as I'm concerned, it's the weakest part of the program and it pretty much is keeping me from using it or recommending it to any advanced user. I hope the developers are as concerned about it as they should be. It's a good program, but I must export whatever I create in it to Photoshop before I'm done just to use Photoshop's icc profile conversion engine, so there's little point to using AP in the first place.