You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Seamless texture generator

I wish Affinity Photo had a seamless texture generator like this great tool for Photoshop:

https://www.the-orange-box.com/portfolio_page/free-seamless-texture/

It creates tiles using a macro process that blends the edges automagically, is there anything close in AP? All of the example videos and tutorials are just manually blending and editing and none of it is as good or easy as this free extension.

I'm not sure what you mean by generator except to make seamless? Or do you need something that works edges for you (with AI)? (Edit) nm, I reread. I looked at link first, so got confused because it just looked like a seamless engine thingy with cropping. It's possible to do what you're talking about with Pattern Layers, but yes you'd need to do something like healing/clone brush to line up edges and would have to have a decent source image for it to grab materials)

Anyway, it might be useful, but Photo has a feature that is easy to miss called Pattern Layers. I haven't found an app with anything like it. It's an amazing feature. The downside, we can't use vectors with it. Basically, we can convert an image to a pattern, or we can draw from scratch. It updates the entire screen. Just have to set dimensions to make sure that your final is seamless. (1"x1" pattern swatch... 3"x3" document, etc). I use it for making backgrounds or assets.

I don't know what type of pattern you are dealing with. If what you have is a number of images, then you might find this process useful.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630