You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My Feedback: THANK YOU

Dear Affinity Team,
At the beginning I was a bit disappointed by Affinity Suite 2.0, as everyone expected the implementation of their personal wishes. The changeover was not entirely smooth either, I had to make some presettings by hand and my workspace had completely disappeared. But: I created the first brochure and other things in versions 2.0 on the Mac and am thrilled by many functions, some of which are not documented at all. So a big THANK YOU for the great work and the good price. Keep it up!

iMac 27'', Mac OS X Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)

I was also apprehensive about re-setting the workspace. The setup was actually relatively quick, as I had prepared it on version 1 (colour palette, keyboard shortcut, paragraph and character style palette). The brushes and content had all been installed when I installed version 2.

I'm on my third book with version 2, including a travel guide with several hundred images and lots of notes. The work is much faster and better than with version 1. Even better, copying the final text into Word from Affinity Publisher to make a digital book with Jutoh is much easier than with version 1.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

Yes. It didn't auto import everything in. I kind of expected that and I am keeping V1 installed for the foreseeable future if for anything to fend off evil spirits for when I install the later additions. Have to keep my chakras aligned somehow. I do love my presets. Yes I do... especially making everything custom from scratch... so I remade them again and got to re-experience the new New panel.

I'm curious what you found was not documented, but I did notice things as well. They're understated, but significant? I'm also learning some changes, but it does feel like a new program in number of ways and cleaner overall. No complaints here. Some taking time to get used to and other things I'm sure will get fixed in an update soon... but more appreciative than not for the Serif team. Good job ❤️

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 19045)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8Ghz (-30 all core +200mhz PBO); Mobo: Asus X470 Prime Pro
32GB DDR4 (3600Mhz); EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 X3C Ultra 12GB
Monitor 1 4K @ 125% due to a bug
Monitor 2 4K @ 150%
Monitor 3 (as needed) 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro; NIKON D5600 DSLR

1 hour ago, Stepaan said:

Can't wait for […] and [their] soulful reactions

The "Ignore" feature is your friend. ;) 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2