You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF issue: Content will be cut

ReneCGN

Dear all,

I am having another issue regarding to PDF export. The content of a sheet is separated and does not appear completely in the PDF.

2022-11-30_11-46-10.thumb.png.ae4aed067ccc842abae1104b4ead3e8b.png

Preview is fine but exported PDF not. It does not matter if I choose that font shall be embedded, converted into curves and/or different PDF compatibility:

2022-11-30_11-46-51.thumb.png.161e5e6283a97058ac1b726e1aa0773c.png

Please find attached the native Designer v2 file and an exported PDF.

I am unsure if it is related to the warp tool.

It is related to elements modified with warp tool. I have tested to us a text following an eliptical shape. There were no issues like in a.m. case.

pdf-fehler.afdesign pdf-fehler.pdf

Edited by ReneCGN

Hi Rene. FYI this has been reported by many others so it's already on Serif's list. The workaround for now is to convert the warp group to curves before exporting to PDF. I tested this with your document and it worked fine.

If you may need to edit the text again in the future, don't save the document after converting to curves, or better yet, duplicate the layer and hide one copy.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @ReneCGN,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm this is a known issue, which is logged with our development team - I'll be sure to 'bump' this with your file now, and we hope to have this fixed ASAP.

In the meantime, the above workaround from MikeTO (Thanks Mike!) should allow you to export your document as expected :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!