You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The software gets laggy over time

Every time i use the software I have notice is getting slower and slower over time specially when I try to use the designer tab inside publisher, its like keep thinking and thinking. Also I use the stock images so much inside the software and the images takes ages to download in the canvas. This was not happening in the fisrt days of using tje software.

Edited by sunfirexed

Hi, had a similar experience in publisher - but only after using it over some hours with the same document open. Is it possible for you to have an eye on the RAM usage next time you recognize this behaviour. Maybe you can attach a screenshot of your windows taskmanager showing the resources consumed by the Affinity app when this happens.

What are your Windows version and hardware specs?

Hardware: Windows 11 Pro (23H2, build 22631.3296, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22687.1000.0), Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K @3.20 GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX A4000 (16GB VRAM, driver 551.61), 1TB + 2TB SSD. 1 Display set to native 2560 x 1440.
Software: Affinity v1 - Designer/Publisher/Photo (1.10.6.1665), Affinity v2 (universal license) - Designer/Publisher/Photo, v2 betas.

yeah, it feels weird. But i sometimes have the impression that there are some background routines running that don‘t consume much cpu resources but have a higher priority than the actual user inupt. As if something is constantly reorganized in the background - don‘t know 🤔

Hardware: Windows 11 Pro (23H2, build 22631.3296, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22687.1000.0), Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K @3.20 GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX A4000 (16GB VRAM, driver 551.61), 1TB + 2TB SSD. 1 Display set to native 2560 x 1440.
Software: Affinity v1 - Designer/Publisher/Photo (1.10.6.1665), Affinity v2 (universal license) - Designer/Publisher/Photo, v2 betas.

Yes - I have noticed this - the ACER desktop PC is new with Intel i7, Windows 11. Task manager shows Publisher is using 1.6gb memory (82% used). but very low CPU. Adobe InDesign running at the same time is using 52Mb memory.

The Publisher response seems to get slower after a couple of hours use on the same document. 

• Staff

Hi @sunfirexed

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

Can you please open Publisher, then navigate to Edit > Preferences > Performance and provide a screenshot of your settings here for me?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 1 month later...

Hello Allan, Affinity contacted me to say that V2.0.3 is now available and this should improve the situation. I have upgraded to this version but I have yet to try it 'in anger' to see if has actually worked, might I suggest that you try and do the same.

Regards,

MWOO