You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is this a layer bug? AP2

TomM1

This one layer is not showing any adjustment layer icons when collapsed.

Notice the comparison between open and closed. And other layers.

Also, at my current UI font settings, the lower part of some lower case letters are cut off.

layers.jpg

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

One difference seems to be that the layer you're asking about has a name.

Do you get similar behavior from the other layers if you give them names?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

20 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

One difference seems to be that the layer you're asking about has a name.

Do you get similar behavior from the other layers if you give them names?

The other layers have names. You just can't see them because of the adjustment layer icons in collapsed view..

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

• Staff

The text clipping is caused by the option in User Interface > Font UI Size: Large - this is a known issue.

The other issue I cannot reproduce. I've got 4 adjustments on a single row and still have enough space on my layer panel to display part of the name. I cannot work out why the space seen in your screenshot is not being utilized. I've checked different display settings in the System Preferences but they don't seem to make a difference. My layer name text goes right up to where the padlock icon is.

• 3 months later...

How is everyone dealing with the text clipping in the layers name?

In the latest beta as of March 17, 2023, this is still not fixed.

Support says they have no idea when this will be fixed. This is a significant UI issue for those of us who need the larger text.

I am wondering if there is a work around? Can we specify a font size somewhere in a preferences file so that we get the largest possible font without loosing half of the name? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:59 PM, TomM1 said:

This one layer is not showing any adjustment layer icons when collapsed.

That layer's adjustments/filters are clip-nested, whereas the other layers have mask-nested adjustments/filters.

(Yes, this is an old thread, but my reply is for future readers who arrive here.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Font UI Size set to Large clips descenders in the Layers Panel" (REF: AFB-5632) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.

Please note this post refers to a Layers Panel specific fix and we will be working on other large fonts issues (of which there are many) in future releases.