You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Double-click in Text Insert > Fields panel crashes

I am using Affinity Publisher 2 on a 13" M1 2020 MacBook Pro running macOS Ventura 13.0.1.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new document
  2. Add a text frame to the page
  3. With the text cursor in the text, select menu item Text > Insert > Field > More…. This should reveal the Fields panel, as shown in the first screenshot.
  4. Click twice in any of the fields. For instance, Author, Tags, or Title.

Expected: In the case where a word was double-clicked, the word is selected. In the case where the text field is empty, the insertion carat is placed within the text field.

Actual: Affinity Publisher crashes. The macOS Problem Report dialog is displayed, as shown in the second screenshot.

This is 100% reproducible on my machine. It happens with more fully populated documents, not just new ones. It appears to be triggered by the second click within any of the Fields text areas; it does not require a double-click gesture to produce the problem.

I have attached the stack trace from the Problem Report.

Screenshot of Affinity Publisher 2 (11-29-22, 11-27-22 PM).png

CleanShot 2022-11-29 at 23.31.53@2x.png

affinity-publisher-crash-report.txt

• 2 weeks later...