You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live Filter not working when in preview mode

Eleve

Yesterday I had an issue with Photo 2 on Ipad. I tried to apply the Gaussian Blur filter to my image with strange results. The image was expanded from the center horizontally outwards to the borders but without any blurring. So I made another simple picture, just 1 pixel layer, to try again. But after >20 attempts I almost gave up. Just by chance I switched the effect menu from preview mode to list mode and then the filter worked as expected. After switching back to preview mode the same strange behavior occurred - expanding the picture without blurring. Toggling between these two menu modes always showed the same results. One was working right the other one not.

Any idea?

Here are the original picture without any effect, and the 2 results with different menu modes

42F9DE12-CEEC-434C-A45F-0E82FFF65793.jpeg

7C1162C6-86C4-4E79-858A-1AD2C23D1564.jpeg

ED5DFF76-EE24-482E-8D3F-87338032C356.jpeg

On 11/29/2022 at 10:21 AM, Eleve said:

Any idea?

Do you have display zoom set to more? There is a known issue with rendering which has caused some issues and will hopefully be fixed soon.

My older model iPad doesn’t offer this setting and previewing with live filter (Gaussian tested) work fine.

If Display Zoom on, try turning it off.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Hi EmT, I tried to reproduce that “error” by changing the zoom factor (was assumed by DM1 to be the root cause). But this had no impact on the filters, all worked as normal. So I tried changing some other parameters. And finally I found out that it is the alpha lock that’s causing this behavior. If you protect the transparency in the pixel layer then the live filter will not work, if in preview mode. If you change into list mode by clicking the hamburger, then the live filter does work!

Please let me know if you can reproduce this behavior on your Ipad as well or shall I provide a screen recording?

• Staff

When you toggle to the list mode, do you select Gaussian blur again? If so this would be adding a second FX. You can confirm in the layers panel.

Can you enable Show Touches in Preferences > General then send a screen recording of how you are recreate this.