You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

“Create Palette from Document“ not available in Photo V2 on Ipad?

Eleve

In Windows version of Photo V2 you can create a palette from an image or document. But in V2 for Ipad there is no such entry in the drop down menu. I do not know if this was available in V1. But now I am wondering if this functionality was placed somewhere else or is it really missing? If yes, what might be an easy workaround?

1FF706AC-B92F-43B2-88D1-13193C1973C3.jpeg

Alas…it is yet another of the Desktop Only features evidently, at least by way of generating the entirety of colors in a Document/Image to a new Palette.

You can create a Document Palette….as in Creating/Naming a new empty palette…then by using the Eyedropper, select colors and then “Add Fill to Palette”…but have to do so individually not all of them at once.

In Procreate…you can easily create a color palette from images etc…which may be a workaround, but the drawback is that it doesn’t organize them (they are randomly selected and placed).

But, in Procreate you can easily Create a Palette from Photos (Images), Documents, and even using the Camera…which just hold up/hover and colors will fill in instantaneously with what’s in view, then snap a pic…imports it into Panel. Can Share/Export it into Affinity.

But in Affinity….seems that this and lots of other useful features are absent on the iPad Version.

Thanks for your feedback and confirmation. Well, I was afraid that this function was not considered in the Ipad version.

You are right, as long as I need to select just a couple of colors, I can do this with the eyedropper. But for lots of colors this methode isn't suitable. So then I will create a palette from a document on my Windows computer and send it afterwards to the Ipad. Seems to be inconvenient but will do the trick. Hopefully this will be considered in a future update.

2 hours ago, Eleve said:

Thanks for your feedback and confirmation. Well, I was afraid that this function was not considered in the Ipad version.

You are right, as long as I need to select just a couple of colors, I can do this with the eyedropper. But for lots of colors this methode isn't suitable. So then I will create a palette from a document on my Windows computer and send it afterwards to the Ipad. Seems to be inconvenient but will do the trick. Hopefully this will be considered in a future update.

Believe me, between this and Record Macros (if not other basics), am disappointed as well.

If you happen to have Procreate…can Create Palettes from Images and even by way of Camera.
The Palettes themselves only useable within Procreate, but could at least Create a Color Palette Image Template…placing Colors onto Swatch Shapes you make..then Export a PNG Image of that to bring into APhoto… then create Palletes from that. Use it over and over since a Saved Template.

Lengthy workaround I know, but can at least get some distinct Palettes until maybe Serif sensibly comes around to add.