You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Line Display wrong on Affintiy Designer after Zooming

Siro

Hello, I am using Affinity Designer V2, and this problem is existed since Affintiy Designer V1.

When I draw a line by Pen Tool, the line display doesn't look straight sometimes for 1 pixel broken Like this.

(Seems depend on Zoom size, Some scale look normal, some scale look wrong)

Zoom Out (The line broken)
image.png.5471a15ded27b22fbfb7aa20ee0953fe.png

This one is the line after Zoom In display

Zoom In (The line normal)
image.png.e84e6a6a2d18a0054431ded417ece68b.png

Did anyone know how to solve this problem? To make the display correctly?

• 2 weeks later...

Do all mice wheel act with the same sensitivity for canvas rotation? You know, for alt + wheel for canvas rotation (if on in preferences) that could have happened not voluntarily? Dunno, in case with some wheels it's super subtle. Then hitting ctrl+shift+alt+R would reset canvas rotation. If it's like mine,  it's to big of a step to not notice, and also in the canvas border when zoomed out to see the borders.

As for what Debra says, I have it always in high, not auto, and I cannot notice the issue.

Would nvidia panel settings (I mean the nvidia driver thing, nothing in Affinity apps, adding the app profile there once Designer is loaded in memory) for this app help avoiding that with some setting ? I don't know the equivalent of that in AMD's driver.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

On 11/28/2022 at 7:31 AM, Siro said:

Hello, I am using Affinity Designer V2, and this problem is existed since Affintiy Designer V1.

When I draw a line by Pen Tool, the line display doesn't look straight sometimes for 1 pixel broken Like this.

(Seems depend on Zoom size, Some scale look normal, some scale look wrong)

Zoom Out (The line broken)
image.png.5471a15ded27b22fbfb7aa20ee0953fe.png

This one is the line after Zoom In display

Zoom In (The line normal)
image.png.e84e6a6a2d18a0054431ded417ece68b.png

Did anyone know how to solve this problem? To make the display correctly?

I have had this issue for V1 for  a long time. Reported and not fixed.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

I have tried set performance instead of Auto, it's doesn't help, still same problem.

And I'm pretty sure there are no any canvas rotation applied. I'm just using ctrl + wheel to zoom in zoom out.

There are always 1 line of pixel broken in some zoom scale. (It's act like every pixel in this line and after this line go wrong. No just one pixel broken.)

I notice that the bug will gone when I tried to set the Zoom scale by using Zoom Tool to set a Scale directly. (Even Zoom in/out by Ctrl + wheel get fine after this.)

And when I tried to open a new view, the problem happen again. (Same as Zoom in/out by Ctrl + wheel)

So I guess the problem may because the default Zoom scale that Affnity Designer (Same problem in Photo) calculated make this bug happen? (A weird float number that make display wrong? It can also explain why some display can not reproduce the bug.)

I'm not sure, can developer help to check this?

For more try, I've tried to use "New view" and "Zoom Fit" in Normal Window Mode, move my Windows taskbar to left or down or top and try with Maximized Window Mode, it's display normally sometimes  but also bug in other the sometimes.

On 12/9/2022 at 5:44 PM, DWright said:

I have not been able to replicate this on my PC is it possible for you to post a screenshot of the Performance section of the Affinity Designer 2 Preferences.

Hello, may you try reproduce the problem in different Display (In my case it's 1920x1080) or Move Windows 10 Taskbar to left or right and test in Maximized Window size? (And open a "New View" after changed Window Size)

image.thumb.png.6b29324da78484b51a50fad314d088c1.png

Hi, I just tried that, dragging the windows 10 task bar to the right, creating a new view after the fact. Still can't see the glitch zooming with wheel mouse, amplifier tool, the shortcut while using other tools, or dragging the zoom slider on the top bar.

I tested this in a windows 10 22h2, nvidia 3060 12gb, 1900x1200 screen.

Sorry for the random questions, but are you running Windows with the monitor 'native' resolution? also, Windows (winndows Settings-> system-> screen) is configured in 100% scale, or a custom scale of 125% or etc?

Just trying to find different factors other than  the graphic card or display driver.

I have tried set performance instead of Auto, it's doesn't help, still same problem.

For this kind of problem I'd set directly best quality (high), rather than auto (in case it thinks it still has to optimize, although most surely this is unrelated), but I am sure  you already checked that, as well as bilinear instead of nearest neighbor, in the other field.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

12 hours ago, SrPx said:

Hi, I just tried that, dragging the windows 10 task bar to the right, creating a new view after the fact. Still can't see the glitch zooming with wheel mouse, amplifier tool, the shortcut while using other tools, or dragging the zoom slider on the top bar.

I tested this in a windows 10 22h2, nvidia 3060 12gb, 1900x1200 screen.

Sorry for the random questions, but are you running Windows with the monitor 'native' resolution? also, Windows (winndows Settings-> system-> screen) is configured in 100% scale, or a custom scale of 125% or etc?

Just trying to find different factors other than  the graphic card or display driver.

For this kind of problem I'd set directly best quality (high), rather than auto (in case it thinks it still has to optimize, although most surely this is unrelated), but I am sure  you already checked that, as well as bilinear instead of nearest neighbor, in the other field.

Yes, I'm display in 100% with 1920 x 1080 screen, and yes I also tried check the different quality setting and rendering settings.