You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

vl crashing design and photo both crashing since new since v2 came out

hi I am having a nightmare at the minute no matter what i do both of these programs are crashing

i cant change font or do pretty much anything  or add a few picture without it shutting down i have so much do do right now 

i dont wont to pay for the v2 just yet as i have hardly used the photo one due to crashing 

i have a really good laptop so its not the specs on that

please help

i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it does the same thing it was design was fine before hand only crashing the odd time 

21 minutes ago, smilerbev said:

hi I am having a nightmare at the minute no matter what i do both of these programs are crashing

i cant change font or do pretty much anything  or add a few picture without it shutting down i have so much do do right now 

i dont wont to pay for the v2 just yet as i have hardly used the photo one due to crashing 

i have a really good laptop so its not the specs on that

please help

i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it does the same thing it was design was fine before hand only crashing the odd time 

If you're on Windows, check here for fixing crashes related to font selection . It's a Windows update bug...

On 11/28/2022 at 12:50 AM, smilerbev said:

If you have purchased your Affinity apps directly from Serif, you can try if the fix advised in the following post could resolve the problem:

This workaround lets you keep all your recent (past 10 week) Windows system updates and continue using Affinity apps without issues related to update of these updated framework modules.

UPDATE: There is now official 1.10.6 update for Windows that properly fixes this issue. Please use that instead of the workaround. The updated version will overwrite any manual changes made to the app setting file so you do not need to restore anything to get the apps behave as planned.