You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need help turning complex shape full of lines into a usable shape for cnc.

Good day, so im working with a complex shape in afinity designer that I'm going to be sending off to a 3rd party company to have cut out onto copper sheets. The shape is called metatron's cube. (See attached image.) It has lines all over the design and the company isn't able to work with this file because it doesnt contain auctual shaped geometry. I played around with it myself ( See attached image) and I was able to get it close to how they would need it for their machine, but the part im now stuck at is getting the rest of the lines to look like the image I made. What I was able to do on my own is select every circle and turn them into a donut shape then make the hole 90%. I then duplicated the smaller hexagon in the center and shrunk it then subtracted it from the bigger hexagon. I did that to both the center and outer hexagons in the image and then I Sellected everything and hit the add button in the top right corner so that it created the shape in the image. Here are my questions I currently have. How to I make the distance between the hexagons the same distance as the circle that has a dognut hole of 90% I need to make sure that when their machine cuts it all out that all the line thickness is exactly the same. My next question is how do I make the rest of the lines look how I made this shape so far? I know I'm making progress, but I've hit a brick wall. 

Thanks in advance,

Randallrbaker

20221127_110851.jpg

16695764733106424173159052988452.jpg

@Randallrbaker Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean something like this?

2070664758_Screenshot2022-11-27at20_15_07.thumb.png.d48f07b578c74b499a7d5684b7a0788d.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I have an Metatron SVG broken down into lines and circles.

• I selected all of the lines and circles
  • Set a stroke of 4pt
  • Used Layer > Expand Stroke
  • Used Geometry: Add and flipped the fill to a stroke on the Colour Panel.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Yes, it should do.

Just had a go with the flower of life

image.png.1a03f88475ea89779e40b239db9b1f86.png