You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live Luminosity Range Mask Saved Presets ( How do I delete? )

Hi All,

One of the best new features in Affinity Photo 2 is the Live Luminosity Range Mask.  Not only that, but, it has the ability to save presets.  Clicking on the "hamburger" icon near the top left of the panel allows three options, create preset, rename preset, and delete preset.  Once created, I can rename and delete the preset if the name is highlighted with name present in the preset box.  However, once the program is closed and reopened, it will stay in the dropdown list and be usable, but, it is no longer highlighted in the box, which prevents it from being renamed or deleted.  How is it possible to delete the ones I don't want or rename these?  It also would be nice to rearrange these to keep them organized.  

Best Regards,  TV

Yep, same for me, it's impossible to delete a preset after the program has been closed
Luckily I only have the test preset that I made

If you look in
%UserProfile%\.affinity\Common\2.0\user
you'll see livemask_presets.propcol where the presets are stored, delete that and it's back to normal
Otherwise you'll need to wait for an update or if you're on a mac I have no idea

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

17 minutes ago, David in Яuislip said:

it's impossible to delete a preset after the program has been closed

Deleting works for me.

1. Open a file,
  2. use Layer > New Live Mask Layer > Luminosity Range
  3. Select the preset from the dropdown list, so its name is in the box
  4. Click the burger menu and choose Delete Preset.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Click the burger menu and choose Delete Preset.

Doesn't work for me after quitting the program and starting again, I forgot to add the screenshot to the previous post

DeleteFredMask.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Works for me on macOS Ventura:

1276827267_Screenshot2022-11-27at20_45_45.thumb.png.c3ccf4b011ec4c4900621b12159a893e.png\\

This is after creating the preset, then quitting and restarting Affinity Photo 2.

To answer the OP's other question, I don't believe there is any way of organising these presets.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

29 minutes ago, David in Яuislip said:

Doesn't work for me after quitting the program and starting again, I forgot to add the screenshot to the previous post

Click on the blank pull-down, and choose the Preset you previously created. Then delete it.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

15 hours ago, David in Яuislip said:

Hardware acceleration caused it, @T V try turning it off

DeleteFredMaskNoOpenCL.png

Already been off... I did back up all of my presets in an affinity photo file as screen shots.  I made 2 extras in the process and today they are active and available to change while all the others are not.  This is from opening the existing saved file and not the program starting a new .jpg file as I have been doing.  Starting from a new file they are all not available to delete or rename.  Interesting...I backed up the file and delete it and opened a new .jpg and the .propcol file reset to 1kb.  That worked to clear everything back to the initial setup.  I recorded a new mask, closed the program, opened a completely different .jpg and everything seemed to be working as it should.  Then I tried to open the photo file and I had no access to the mask previously created.  Opening another .jpg and I have access.  So, the files have some say over accessing the saved masks.  Thought it was fixed.  In any case, I will monkey around and take some notes...I had the order almost perfect for Lights, Darks & Mids 1-6.  Thanks, for the replies!  That is a handy file to know...do you think it is sharable?  

Here is a workaround tip. 

Save the .afphoto file that you created the Live Luminosity Range Masks in with the live mask open as a layer.  With that file, I can access all the of the functionality of the panel.  When I switch documents, they are locked in and cannot be renamed or deleted.  After deleting or renaming, the   livemask_presets.propcol  should be automatically updated.  Each mask is about 1KB of file size outside of the 3 that come installed.  

@walt.farrell  This morning I noticed something odd.  Everything is still as above, but, I noticed that I can access the Highlights, Midtones, and Shadows built in presets to rename/ delete.  This happens seemingly on all files except one, namely, the .afphoto file document that I created all of the extra presets in originally.  This was not the case before resetting the  .propcol file.  Windows Screen Snip will not let me get a shot of all the names in the drop down box.  I deleted Midtones as a test, closed the program, opened a new file and it is still gone.  Should have renamed...but, restoring the backed up .propcol file corrects it.  Whew!    

image.thumb.png.cadfe2dcb6b55ad3feaf708251e796df.png 

21 minutes ago, T V said:

Windows Screen Snip will not let me get a shot of all the names in the drop down box.

You need to do a PrintScreen operation to view the contents of dropdown lists like that. How you do that depends to some extent on your keyboard configuration. On one of my machines its Alt+PrtScrn, on another Fn+PrtScrn. 

You can then open the screenshot in Photo or another viewer, and use Snip & Sketch (or other tool) to just get a clip of that, if you want.

-- Walt
PC:

@walt.farrell  Fn+PrtScrn.  Thanks!  I don't use this feature nearly enough and every time I go back to look it up I find tips to use the windows key with the insert/prtscrn. Ugh...Everything is flowing smoothly now with greater understanding...maybe not working perfect here, but, I can work around it.  😁  - T V