You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Descenders cut in layers panel

François R

With large UI font selected, descender of fonts is cut in layers panel.

macOS Ventura 13.0.1 with no accessibility settings enabled etc. etc.

image.png.d4723f3ac0faa91cb8c265bcceb29c22.png

image.png.a083b316588df4a194676d5314219936.png

1) You have completely wrecked the layers panel, Serif.

2) I recommend Reddit groups instead of this forum. Not the same few bot-like users replying to everything, a wider representation of users, fewer fanboys, more qualified users. In short, better!

3) I was here to report bugs and submit improvement requests for professional work professionally in a large setup and to bring a lot of knowledge from the world, i.e. professional product development, web- and software development, usability, user experience design and accessibility. I actually know what I am talking about!

BUT! We are phasing out Designer and Affinity in 2022 Q1 - and replacing it with feature complete and algorithmically competent alternatives.
Publisher is unsuitable for serious use, and was never adopted.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 12:58 AM, James Rodriguez said:

Persists in v2.0.3.

Serif wrecked the layers panel in more ways than I ever thought possible. 

image.png.f89fde952a40eeb3299dd9daf718ee7f.png

How would one navigate through page after page of the mess of a mosaic there? It might have been good idea in extremely simple example for an audience of people who are not graphic artists, but damnit it's impossible to use as soon as you make something complex. I've never seen such a bad idea for navigation and content management in software before. How does it end up in the release version of a program in 2023?

Now I've given the wrecked layers panel I v2 several chances - ironically during the phasing out of Affinity in our software portfolio - but the concept is useless, blocking and disruptive. Simply.

1) You have completely wrecked the layers panel, Serif.

2) I recommend Reddit groups instead of this forum. Not the same few bot-like users replying to everything, a wider representation of users, fewer fanboys, more qualified users. In short, better!

3) I was here to report bugs and submit improvement requests for professional work professionally in a large setup and to bring a lot of knowledge from the world, i.e. professional product development, web- and software development, usability, user experience design and accessibility. I actually know what I am talking about!

BUT! We are phasing out Designer and Affinity in 2022 Q1 - and replacing it with feature complete and algorithmically competent alternatives.
Publisher is unsuitable for serious use, and was never adopted.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Font UI Size set to Large clips descenders in the Layers Panel" (REF: AFB-5632) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.

Please note this post refers to a Layers Panel specific fix and we will be working on other large fonts issues (of which there are many) in future releases.