You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dark/Light mode and Default OS with Auto in macOS preferences

dvoth

I do like the v2 upgrade, but wanted to mention an issue that was present in v.1 and remains with the UI. I have the appearance in macOS set to "Auto". This changes the UI from light to dark mode during the day. However with the preference set to "Default OS" in the Affinity programs they stay in dark mode.

David Voth

Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher ver. 2: macOS Sonoma and iPadOS 17

• 2 weeks later...

What I am referring to is that I have "default os" set, but it doesn't change from light to dark mode like it should when "Auto" is set in the macOS settings: it only shows dark mode.

David Voth

Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher ver. 2: macOS Sonoma and iPadOS 17

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi dvoth,

That link specifies which apps do this (Mail, Maps, Notes, Safari and TextEdit). It does mention that others apps can adopt this:

Apps from other developers can adopt it, too. If an app doesn't use a dark color scheme when Dark Mode is turned on, it doesn't support Dark Mode, or it has its own settings for working with Dark Mode or controlling its color scheme.

This sounds more like a feature request than a bug.

• 10 months later...