You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity designer 2

Josie

Why not install the 30-day free Trial version and see for yourself?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

13 minutes ago, loukash said:

In the Pixel persona.

As shown in the Help references you provided :)

Edit: Which is also where they are in Designer V1.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

How come for the iPad version for affinity designer 2 designers don’t get the full V2 on the iPad and just some of the stuff? 

I think we should get access to all of the stuff in affinity designer V2 on the iPad when making easy or complex designs.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Josie said:

How come for the iPad version for affinity designer 2 designers don’t get the full V2 on the iPad and just some of the stuff? 

I think we should get access to all of the stuff in affinity designer V2 on the iPad when making easy or complex designs.

To be fair, you'd also have to pay the desktop price, currently (with the discount) it's $11.99 in the US for iPad, but $40.99 for desktop.

-- Walt
PC:

How would it be fair for desktop users to get no extra features and no touch controls when they’re paying more than three times as much for the desktop version of the app? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

But it is no skin off the nose of the desktop users if someone else gets a good deal on a different product.

If everybody gets all the facilities, then good luck to them and happy computing I say.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

13 minutes ago, Alfred said:

How would it be fair for desktop users to get no extra features and no touch controls when they’re paying more than three times as much for the desktop version of the app? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.10 • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.10 • Designer for iPad 1.10 • iPadOS 15.6.1 (iPad Air 2)

Didn’t know Windows Desktops were capable of touch controls in the first place.🤣

On 11/26/2022 at 3:24 PM, walt.farrell said:

Why not install the 30-day free Trial version and see for yourself?

That reminds me of a lecturer who bragged that, when asked a question by a student, he had told a student to "look in your notes".

Later, in an (informal, lunchtime) discussion over savimg money I suggested that an A board, as found on the pavement outside a restaurant, with "look in your notes" chalked on it would save money. Brought the house down with laughter.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

11 minutes ago, StudioJason said:

Didn’t know Windows Desktops were capable of touch controls in the first place.🤣

They aren’t! That’s exactly my point: if the iPad apps had all the features that their Windows counterparts have, plus gestures that the Windows apps don’t have, how could the price differential be justified?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Josie said:

The iPad designer apps should have exactly what the desktop apps have and they don’t. I have the iPad version and that is why I’m requesting it saying the iPad version should have the same as the desktop version.

Why? Again, you paid about 1/3 the price, or less, for your software on the iPad. Why should it have all the functionality.

For all the functionality, you should pay the full desktop price.

-- Walt
PC:

7 hours ago, Alfred said:

They aren’t! That’s exactly my point: if the iPad apps had all the features that their Windows counterparts have, plus gestures that the Windows apps don’t have, how could the price differential be justified?

Well…they never even gave us the option. Handed us nothing but scraps. Give us the full Monty…and guarantee there are those that would pay. Could even keep the Lite version and have two viable ways to get it (and Serif to make money). But if they don’t even give the opportunity…can’t say anything one way or the other actually.

Should we include the notion that - anyone purchasing the Desktop Universal License is being unfairly shortchanged…because they bought the full Affinity V2 software bundle for Desktop AND iPad Versions, yet not getting the full features on iPad?!