You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HSL adjustment not registering

Kieth Kok

I had the issue where adjustment made to the HSL adjustment layer was not registering from time to time. It sometimes would work for a few seconds and further adjustment after that will not be registered. I am wondering if it is a compatibility issue with my 2018 iPad Pro and if there is any workaround for this issue.

The same used to happen with curve adjustment but it seems to be working better with curve adjustment now after the latest update while HSL adjustment is still persistently having the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @stokerg,

Thanks for checking on my query. I just tried and the issue seems to be still happening here. It happened to both “HSL” and “Gradient” adjustment layers. I have attached the screen recordings from my iPad just to provide more clarity to how it looked like. Hope there is some solution to this.

I have had no such issue with Affinity Photo 1 so far but I like the non-destructive RAW processing in Photo 2. I am staying with Photo 2 now but it does get frustrating when this issue happens. It just makes the workflow really sluggish.

By the way, I was using the app with my Apple Pencil 2. Not sure if it matters.

Edited by Kieth Kok

• 1 month later...

Just an update, I am no longer having this issue. I typically placed my iPad with the front camera on the right so I can tilt it slightly towards me. I am not sure if my hand movements had somehow triggered some sensors in that area causing the problem (I am right-handed) but everything seems to be working fine once I rotated the iPad by 180 degree (front camera on the left).

It’s all good for me now.