You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Warp tool printing bug

safoster71

Greetings.  I used the warp tool on a group of text objects (works wonderfully). However, when printed, it appears as though some of the text is “through” the 2d plane (has bottom corner cut off- see below). 

this is on a MacBook Pro (m1 max).  There is often some amount of “screen tearing” when moving/ zooming as well (a lot more than on an intel iMac). More so in photo I guess, might be I notice due to amount of usage.  Anyway. FYI

image.jpeg

How was this printed? Directly from an Affinity document?
The most safe way to print is always flatten to PDF first. Then double check the PDF for any errors. Then give the PDF to the print guys. An accomplished print guy will also tell you which exact type of PDF they need. (At least in Europe, any serious print shop will ask for PDF/X-4 or at least PDF/X-3)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

I've seen other reports of this so it's a known issue. One way to work around it is to convert the warped text to curves before printing. I recommend creating a duplicate layer and hiding it before converting one of them to curves in case you want to edit the text later.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)