You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Well worth it!

I have a large book project for a musician that involves several hundred PDF file placement (links). This project has been tough to work on with the last V1 update necessitating rolling back the version of Publisher to limp along. 

V2 is running without a hitch. This project alone make the price incredibly reasonable. 

A couple weeks ago I bought V2 for iPad Publisher and Photo. Today, purchasing the Universal License still saves me money.

Thank you for the incredible launch price and the Universal license. Even more importantly thank you for allowing me to OWN every app in the Affinity suite and across platforms. The complexity of what you've developed is mind boggling. I'm so very appreciative!

So amid all of the complaints that are dominating the forums right now, I offer my whole hearted 

THANK YOU!

thank-you.jpg

2 hours ago, christinejump said:

So amid all of the complaints that are dominating the forums right now

Unfortunately, it is always and everywhere - the roars are heard the most. And it seems that they "dominate", because those who are satisfied from the principle (they are simply satisfied) do not shout their praises anywhere. So it should be understood the other way around - there are a few who are dissatisfied, so the rest (the vast majority) are satisfied.

P.S. Not that there isn't something to improve 🙂

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

2 hours ago, Pšenda said:

Unfortunately, it is always and everywhere - the roars are heard the most. And it seems that they "dominate", because those who are satisfied from the principle (they are simply satisfied) do not shout their praises anywhere. So it should be understood the other way around - there are a few who are dissatisfied, so the rest (the vast majority) are satisfied.

P.S. Not that there isn't something to improve 🙂

This is not unfortunate, quite the contrary, in fact. The absolute best possible outcome is happening, the users with insights into the shortcomings of the software are well articulating themselves here.

Imagine if all those with concerns and criticisms of the products spent their time reviewing the products negatively rather than attempting to be heard by the creators.

2 hours ago, Pšenda said:

those who are satisfied from the principle (they are simply satisfied) do not shout their praises anywhere.

This is also wrong. Read the reviews in the various app stores. There's plenty of positivity being expressed where it matters most - where others make decisions about purchasing the software.

I think you'll find the vast majority of Affinity users love the product, likely even the most vocal of complainers on the forum. 

I've bought all three apps, even though my usage of Publisher is very low. They're just very accomplished pieces of software and their affordability and features make me want to support Serif by buying their software.

Serif have built a feature-rich product suite and sell it at a sensible price, instead of the crazy subscription prices that some other vendors charge that only those who actually use the software for professional purposes can justify. 

In their blind rush to transform themselves into a SaaS company, so many vendors are trying to switch to a subscription. But what these vendors don't realize is that users cannot and don't want to absorb so many subscription fees. 

Affinity have realized this and thus have a very loyal following. Personally, I did not choose Affinity instead of Adobe. I simply cannot justify the cost of Adobe since I'm a hobbyist and not a professional. My choice was between Affinity and non-consumption (probably similar to some other users).

That said, the V2 release has been less than smooth with the installation issues, other bugs and some questionable UI design choices. Some of the UI design is worse than V1 (many posts have covered this). The stability of the V2 software leaves something to be desired: my Windows event log is riddled with errors from crashes and there are tons of regressions in the software. It feels like a beta release in this iteration, which a release-quality version shouldn't feel like. 

But I love the software and I want to keep using the software. So I report the bugs in the forum. And I may even occasionally rant about a particular design choice. It doesn't mean I don't like the software.  These bug reports and feedback, even those posts where people are ranting, provide the information necessary for Affinity to keep improving the product.