You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import of Excel file

The lack of the ability to insert formulas in a Publisher V1 table meant I had to return to Serif PagePlus (why does an 'upgrade' have fewer features than the original?). The advertised posiiblity of importing excel files into Publisher V2 seemed to fix this but I haven't been able to do this.

The Help led me to believe that one should select the Open command from the File menu but when I do the File Open dialogue doesn't allow me to select a .xlsx file.

I can drag and drop an .xlsx file from Windows Explorer but only the contents of the first cell are displayed in the Affinity document.

The Affinity product line is not an upgrade from the Plus line, it's a new product line.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

16 hours ago, Komatös said:

The Affinity product line is not an upgrade from the Plus line, it's a new product line.

It was promoted as an improvement on PagePlus etc. so I was disappointed when it had less functionality in this at least.

However, I still need to know how to import an Excel file.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi PDC, 

You should be able to place the .XLSX file into a table via the File > Place menu. Alternatively you can use the Data Merge feature described below.

https://affinity.help/publisher/English.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Advanced/dataMerge.html?title=Data merge

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.