You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In my setup (Affinty photo, designer & publisher, 1st and 2nd version) the font Symbol is set as default. Usually this means only that I have to change it to have something legible in the textbox, but sometimes it appears also in other interfaces where I can't change it. I can't seem to find the setting for the default font. Does anybody have a clue as how to fix it?

/Fabian

To save defaults for all future documents, I believe Defaults must Synchronize first, then save Defaults. Also note that the defaults for the Artistic Text Tool and Frame Text Tool are separate... defaults need to be synchronized for each of the tools, then save defaults.

To set the defaults for all future documents:

1. Select an object with the attributes you wish to save as default settings (e.g., Artistic Text, Text Frame, or vector shape).
  2. In the menu: Edit > Defaults > Synchronize from Selection. Synchronized defaults override saved defaults for the current document only.
  3. In the menu: Edit > Defaults > Save. Nothing in the document needs to be selected — all the defaults used in the current document become the global defaults for all future documents.

@fabtho To change the Text Styles permanently for all future documents, do this:

1. In the Text Styles panel hamburger menu, enable Show Heirarchical (so there is a check mark by it). This should ensure the Base text style appears at the top of the list.
  2. Edit the Base text style that appears at the top of the list, change the font and any other settings to whatever you want. When you're done editing the style, click the OK button in the Edit Text Style dialogue to save changes.
  3. Again, in the Text Styles panel hamburger menu, Save Styles as Default.