You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

TourBox & Affinity Software

Search the forum for Tourbox

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

25 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Search the forum for Tourbox

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

WIn 10, RTX 2070, notebook.

TourBox Elite latest control software.

It works with Affinity V1 and V2 in general.

But, for me, if the Pen Display and Affinity are set to Windows Ink, then the Tourbox does not work well. Some shortcut keys set in Tourbox and Affinity do not create the desired result.

With Affinity set to either low or high precision instead of Windows Ink in preferences everything works as expected.

The Windows Ink issue might be only in my configuration because Affinity does not work with Windows Ink at all on my machine (slow brush strokes, freezes etc.).

See also here:

• 6 months later...

Greetings all,

I quite enjoy using my TourBox with Affinity Photo, Designer, and Publisher and a few other graphics, video, and audio programs. You can fiddle endlessly with TourBox presets, but I've made a few that work well for me. I've added some Excel files listing the key bindings I'm using at the moment, along with a generic blank template. I hope they help.

Affinity Designer Key Bindings.xlsx Affinity Photo Key Bindings.xlsx Affinity Publisher Key Bindings.xlsx Tour Box Key Bindings Template.xlsx

Edited by Tim Cole

Yeah, love my TourBox and using it with Affinity apps is great.

It really does allow an artist to customize their workflow. Thank you for posting your bindings, I will pour over them to find some new ideas.

I see one thing you discovered is how the Knob and Scroll wheels can be used as toggles. With the Knob I use the Tall, Short, Top and Side buttons to come up with 5 Toggles making up 10 commands.

Say you have 4 objects in the layers panel, an Ellipse, a Square Star, a Triangle and a Rectangle. Now imagine you want to move some objects, move some in front of others, move some inside other objects, or change your mind and move an object outside of another object, or group objects, create a compound, etc,

With my left hand on my TourBox, I can interact with the Layers panel and have these toggles set up with the Knob: Select Previous/Select Next, Move Forward/Move Backward, Move Inside/Move Outside, Select Parent/Collapse Layer, Group/Ungroup, etc,  and then when I press down on the Knob I have a custom Menu. You can have Deselect, New Layer, New Pixel Layer, Rename, etc in this menu. And this custom menu can be pinned so that it stays open if you desire. And you can navigate this menu from the TourBox, use the Scroll wheel and then the Tall Button to make a selection from the menu.

I use a Xencelabs Medium Tablet and one of the things it gets dinged for is not having Touch enabled. I had that on my previous Wacom Intuo Pro tablet and always found it flakey and frustrating to use the Touch feature. So, with the TourBox I use the Dial to Rotate Left and Rotate Right the view (canvas) and press down on the Dial to Reset Rotation as I am sketching/painting with the Stylus on the Xencelabs tablet. No, it is not as smooth as say what I get on my iPad Pro but it works.

If people are interested I can do some videos showing how easy it is to setup the TourBox to use with Affinity

If  you've got the time to produce a video or two, that would be great. It's great that TourBox has a lot of flexibility, but that means that learning how to use it well is demanding.

Regarding touch capability on the Intuos Pro -- I'm immensely glad I can turn it off. I find it a nuisance, myself.

• 7 months later...