You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP2 for iPad - Visibility of Brush and Gradient overlays

Paperwallah

If I add a couple of overlays to a RAW image and then make adjustments before developing as a linked file, and then go back to Develop Persona and click on the overlays to edit them using Brush/Brush Erase, I can’t see the overlay area at all. I can only see the Gradient handles but not the red overlay and nothing for the Brush apart from working out what the edited area is from the changes

However, if I add the overlays and make no adjustments before developing and then go back to Develop Persona, the red areas are visible on both Brush and Gradient tools.

The Show Overlay magnet button doesn’t seem to do anything either.

Also, I don’t see the Edge Aware button for the Brush Tool on the iPad. Is it there?

Are these bugs or just me being a bit slow?

4AF63DB8-9EBA-49C8-B64A-C59C185A6F1E.png

31F353C4-5113-4A9F-962C-0AE3893F0456.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Paperwallah,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm that this is expected behaviour with Overlays in the Develop Persona - the red overlay will only be shown if the Develop settings have not been changed for the overlay area.

Once you've changed develop settings for this area, the overlay is hidden such that you can see the changes it's made to the RAW file beneath.

On 11/25/2022 at 12:41 PM, Paperwallah said:

Also, I don’t see the Edge Aware button for the Brush Tool on the iPad. Is it there?

However, I do believe this to be a bug - as the Helpfile for these tools claim that the option should be available, so I'm getting this logged with our devs now.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!