You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

change the color on an existing pattern

Hallo Affinity Community, 

sorry for my stupid question but i am relativly new to affinity. 

i would like to exchange the italian coloring for the coloring of an us flage without losing the pattern. is this even possible ? 

Many greetings 

Antoan

Screenshot 2022-11-25 081840.png

There are several ways to do this but probably the easiest is to use the Rectangle tool and draw a rectangle over the green, colour it red and change the layer Blend mode to colour, Right click on the red rectangle layer and choose rasterise and trim. The bit that goes over the truck you can erase using the erase tool (E)

Now draw a rectangle over the red area on the right but colour it blue, rasterise and erase the over spill over the truck.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hi @antoan

There is, no quick solution. 

My solution is to duplicate the layer and isolate the truck from the layer above it with a mask.
Then put a black & white filter on the bottom layer and adjust the green and red channels so that they are at the same brightness level as the area in the middle.

You can follow the steps I used with the history.

625338841_theUS.png.11afa47d74067ff629be96fe2b3d0c44.png

the italian to the US.afphoto

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

The flag idea @Komatös used looked cool and I added a displace live filter to grunge it up a bit and make it look like it was sprayed onto the metal plate and a bit worn. The semi was from pngwing, the metal plate texture is from Sketchup Texture

image.thumb.png.35cfe3ebac76e6844c830df6584209f8.png

pngwing_com.thumb.png.997b3a65007e74ce624af6a741cdc524.png

219405036_36_ironmetalplatetexture-seamless.jpg.b81d2671392ccece2e921673e4562a63.jpg

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

58 minutes ago, antoan said:

wow thats looking amazing 😍

@firstdefence could you perhaps send me a step by step how you did that ? 

Greetings 

Antoan

Hi there, 

this is only a practise picture i need a better flag and must correct the colors on the truck. i tried to make the truck with this spray effect on the metall plate. 

What i wanna ask. this truck i cutted from a design with a italian flag in the background. you can the the mirroing effecht (green) in the chrome parts of the truck. 

My question is. is it possible to change the reflection in the chrome parts so that it reflects the US background. is this possible at all or do I want too much? 

1620897350_Screenshot2022-11-27131830.png.5568991a4ec2d9b8e02aa3cfb9c5c3a7.png