You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MSIX doesn't work.

I'm AF user and serif user for a long time.
I wanted to give a go to publisher in order to make a decision about purchasing whole bundle or just upgrade the two.
It's no brainer regarding the price etc. but just want to make decision of using it or not.
Anyway the MSIX doesn't work.
I made a decision not to use MS app thing and have none.
Reason is simple. MS uses it's privileged position to install software without asking me. Updates are quite bad as is with Cortana and 3 browsers which I never use. I thought we solve this issue but obviously not.
So now this new format. Downloaded the MSIX thing and nothing happens.
Do I really need to update MS team which software I want use on my machine ?
So strong vote NO to MSIX format, and if there is no exe, or msi format which I can install, I probably will not upgrade to v2.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Regards

Aleksandar

4 minutes ago, Al Stig said:

I wanted to give a go to publisher in order to make a decision about purchasing whole bundle or just upgrade the two.
It's no brainer regarding the price etc. but just want to make decision of using it or not.
Reason is simple. MS uses it's privileged position to install software without asking me. Updates are quite bad as is with Cortana and 3 browsers which I never use. I thought we solve this issue but obviously not.
So strong vote NO to MSIX format, and if there is no exe, or msi format which I can install, I probably will not upgrade to v2.

Regards

Aleksandar

You're not. An MSI installer is in the works. See this announcement:

&&

• Staff
On 11/24/2022 at 9:56 PM, Al Stig said:

Regards

Aleksandar

If you wish to install MSIX apps just by double clicking the .MSIX you will need the App Installer app from the MS Store installed. If you don't want to install this you can install the apps using Powershell using the commands listed in this FAQ:

On 11/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, debraspicher said:

You're not. An MSI installer is in the works.

This is good news for me: a little OCD niggle of mine was wanting to rename the Start Menu shortcuts for easier readability at glance, have the option of putting them in Start Menu subfolders, and to have them not wrap text badly when pinned to the Start Menu due to the extra length of the version number. Seemed a little fussy to ask though.