You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot activate v2

I just purchased the license for v2 of all three apps on my iPad, which should go for my Mac as well, as far as I can understand, but I can’t activate the license. It doesn’t show up in my account, either, but I have received the invoice from the App Store. The funny thing is that I can’t see the receipts for v1 of the apps, either, but I’ve had them for years now. I don’t remember that I’ve had another account with Serif and there is no other account saved in my keychain, at least. 
I’ve tried all the suggestions here, the ones which I have found out about, at least, but I see no option to deactivate. I’ve sent two emails to support, but no reply as of yet and I understand that they’re overwhelmed by the success, but perhaps other users have a solution?

So far I can work with the trial version and in the worst case I still have v1, but it would be nice to activate the upgrade since I’ve paid for it. 

I presume that you made the purchase "in-app" from one of your iPad apps? If so, you would probably have to Activate the license and link it to your Affinity Store account from that app.

This FAQ points to the current guide to registration, but in particular the 2nd post in the FAQ has some specific advice that may help:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Yes, I made the purchase in-app and it went through the App Store, but when I try to activate the license, it doesn’t work and when I log in to my Serif store account, there are no purchase registered there. 
I read through the FAQ and tried the suggestions there, but what I could do, didn’t work. I haven’t seen any option as to deactivate so I couldn’t try that. Well, the only thing I haven’t tried, is checking if there is a way to activate it through my App Store-account as I thought it would all be done through Serif. 
And no, my purchases show up in my App Store account, but I cannot activate them from there. 

Edited by Wilfred Hildonen
Adding info

26 minutes ago, Wilfred Hildonen said:

I haven’t seen any option as to deactivate so I couldn’t try that.

That's in Account within the app.

image.thumb.png.238f0fcd132adc51b74a6aea97fc0f0b.png

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Can you show us a screenshot of your Account dialog?

-- Walt
PC:

Thanks. And what do you see if you click the ... icon on the right side of the Account dialog in the app? Is there a sign-in option?

-- Walt
PC:

What's interesting to me is that you're apparently signed-in, as you have account content in the right pane of that dialog. But when I'm signed-in, I also have a Sign-out action behind the ... on the right pane. That's why I was curious to see what you have there.

In your situation, once, I clicked the Buy button on the left, and at that point it recognized I had the license and let me Activate it.

-- Walt
PC:

It seems like that was it, but I hope I won’t be charged again. I clicked on the Buy-button, which brought me to the window with options to buy a licence only for A’D or a universal license or to continue the trial or to activate the license I had purchased. I clicked to buy the universal and it worked, but again, I hope I won’t be charged again, but then I think it would pop up some message to confirm the purchase which it didn’t.

Anyway, thanks for the help :)

You probably should check your Apple account to make sure it didn't buy again. (But I would hope there would be a confirmation, too.)

-- Walt
PC:

You're welcome; glad it worked :) 

-- Walt
PC: