You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have opened a v1 document in order to take a simple graphic from it and re-use. It is a group made of two curves and a placed embedded SVG file, the intention to copy to multiple locations and replace the embedded SVG with alternatives to label a diagram.

First issue, the SVG didn't visibly transfer - just the curves - but it existed in the layers menu.

Subsequent it cuts and pastes in OK, but as soon as I replace the SVG in any location it crashes.

When I looked in the resource manager there was the embedded file but no preview.

Using the resource manager I replaced the SVG in all 11 locations with one I planned to use somewhere within the document. It showed in Resource manager as preview and populated document OK.

So I went on to attempt to replace a single SVG again in just one selected location.

Same CRASH. 

(SVGs in the original file opened in V2 edit, swap and save as expected. New document has been working with different structure perfectly well but had not swapped SVGs only Jpgs. Tried switching paste format to SVG - no change)

So I have further explored and this is an SVG for SVG swap issue. I can swap the existing SVGs for another file format JPEG, PNG, etc and then import the SVG I want. However I cannot swap that SVG for an alternative SVG. 

This is the situation for any document I create Publisher, Designer or Photo

SVG swap crash log Publisher.rtf

Mac Studio M1 Max 32GB RAM running Sonoma 14.2.1
ASUS ProArt screen and Hewlett Packard HD second screen. 
Affinity Suite 2.4.0 and Beta releases

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Like, would like more if…,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm this is a known logged issue with our development team and we're working to resolve this ASAP, I'll be sure to 'bump' this log with your report now.

I hope this helps :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)