You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Outline FX seems to be bugged

AlessioFB

I am on Windows 10.

When I create a shape and give a semitransparent fill, then the OUTLINE FX will remove the transparency and add the outline color to the fill.

I created an example for you. The two shapes below are exactly identical, the only difference is that the rectangle on the right has an outline.

image.png.1417860b9832c2ad3b469474beb3061f.png

As you can see, the transparency is gone.

I tried to compare with V1 and found out an interesting thing: if I copy-paste a shape from V1 to V2, then the outline doesn't create this bug in V2. If I copy a shape from V2 to V1, then I have the same bug in V1 too. So I think it has to do with how the shape is formatted and not with the FX.

I haven't tested in with Photos yet. Very weird that Photo V1 has that, how can a bug like this survive that long?
I will have to throw away a week of work on V2 and go back to V1, because V2 is showing too many bugs and also has performance issues, I can't risk proceeding with my project in V2 right now. It's not reliable.
I am very disappointed.

56 minutes ago, AlessioFB said:

I haven't tested in with Photos yet. Very weird that Photo V1 has that, how can a bug like this survive that long?
I will have to throw away a week of work on V2 and go back to V1, because V2 is showing too many bugs and also has performance issues, I can't risk proceeding with my project in V2 right now. It's not reliable.
I am very disappointed.

I think it's more that the 3 programs likely share the same functionality for efficiency, so a bug in one program may very well show up in another in certain modules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Staff

This is something that is still logged with our developers to be fixed unfortunately it looks like other fixes/features have taken priority hopefully this is something we get round to addressing soon.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.