You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live perspective filter layer breaks graphic

Sometimes when I fiddle around the handles of live perspective filter, the graphic will suddenly breaks. "Graphic" I mean including canvas, GUI, exported files. The damage persists even for new documents. Restating the app to make everything normal again. Didn't experience the same problem with either:

1. hardware acceleration turning off
  2. working in Photo persona of Publisher V2
  3. edit the broken file session with "File > edit in Designer/Publisher"

Since I can't reproduce the bug every time, I'm not sure If the above are relevant.

Device:

Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH i7-9750HF
RAM 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060
Windows 11 Home 22H2 22623.891
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22637.1000.0

Screenshot (3).png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Karl Legion,

I'm having trouble recreating this issue If possible please could you provide a copy of the file in question so I can log this with our developers to be investigated further?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi @Callum,

I can't recreate the issue every time. It just pops up at a random timing. And when it happened, I was not doing anything unusual. I have my file here but it seems meaningless because it's just a simplest file I built from fresh with a rectangle shape and few steps, then the app broke. Here's the file anyway. untitled.afphoto.

Also, the video to recreate the issue. 

I can confirm what Karl Legion posted. I think it's partially a redraw issue.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

6 hours ago, Ron P. said:

I think it's partially a redraw issue.

It's not quite the same. Looking at my screenshots below and recordings above, you can see the problem is not just the redraw of canvas but the GUI breakdown. Also, looking at time 1:20 of my 2nd and 0:26 of my 1st recording, even I started a new document, the rendering was still problematic, for both the canvas and GUI.

GUI broken.png

Why I stated, Partially redraw issue.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same problem with life perspective filter in AP 2.  I have 2.0.4 installed, latest nvidia drivers, latest fresh win 11. The only time it does not cause any problems is when on cpu only, which is quite a pain even with basic work on i9 13th gen. Any GPU acceleration cause that behavior (nvidia rtx, intel igpu, of both).

I hope it will be fixed soon as my current workflow requires it quite a lot.

I have a similar problem with the Live Perspective Filter, the graphics are being destroyed. This concerns Photo V2.04 as well as the Beta2.1.
it doesn't matter if OpenCl is on or off.

Cheers

Unbenannt.png

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

• 1 month later...