You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad V2 Publisher: Guide settings don’t appear

VectorCat

Odd. It was just working for me, then I had the Guide Settings showing, and I clicked on the Color studio. That replaced the Guide Settings with the Color studio, and after that I could not get Guide Settings to show again until I went back to the Home Screen and then back into the document.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Interesting Development:

The document in which I had the Guides Settings not appearing resides on the iCloud. I saved it to the iPad and tried again. Guide Settings appeared!

Could working on a document which lives on the cloud interfere with this and with other V2 Publisher for iPad functions?

Thank you

Mine was not a cloud-resident document. I doubt that is related.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @VectorCat,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I've been unable to replicate this in 2.0.4 with a document both saved locally and through iCloud. With the Guide Studio open I can open a different studio, for example Colour, which replaces the Guide Studio as expected, however I'm then able to reactivate the Guide Studio as expected and no other combination of opening/hiding/showing this UI has caused it to become unresponsive from the menu option.

Are either of you able to replicate the above reported behaviour in the latest version please? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

12 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Are either of you able to replicate the above reported behaviour in the latest version please? :)

From a quick test it looks OK on 2.0.4, for me, Dan. 

-- Walt
PC: