You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher quits after export and app switch

Struggling to find the common source/routine for this odd behaviour, but when I've created something in Publisher 2 and exported a file from it, if I switch to Mail to find the output file to send Publisher quits during the switch. On one occasion this has made open Designer app crash too despite not being actively involved!

Will try and add more… fear it may still be Dropbox integration related. 

Have attached a crash report… doesn't help me but may help someone who understands them!

32GB Mac Studio Ventura 13.0.1

CRASH REPORT - export crash .rtf

Edited by Like, would like more if…
Add error log

Mac Studio M1 Max 32GB RAM running Sonoma 14.2.1
ASUS ProArt screen and Hewlett Packard HD second screen. 
Affinity Suite 2.4.0 and Beta releases

I can't recreate with a specific file as it has happened on several and I'm not sure for what reason (although your discovery may be it) but can't see how it would be avoided. I have no third party UI, my set up is 2 screens on a Mac Studio. Primary screen Asus Pro Art P279 running at 3008x1682 (mid res) and a second screen HP E273 running at HD res (1920x1080).

It appears to occur (definitely) on PDF exports, possibly PNGs (my most common two formats). If I can fill in more as the day goes on I will, and if I have a file I can openly share that creates the error.

I think I may have discovered that this due to another font error - have seen some mentioned elsewhere. The preflight for the files that have been involved in this have the font Abel in them and have flagged on the last page "(x) Missing characters ()"

Oddly the error came from a phone number which if I deleted and retyped apparently no longer had missing characters. Turns out there is some form of character between the the last number and the end of the text… which shows in Arial, but not in the many other fonts trialled (list is not extensive), but I have no idea what this character is/represents or where it may have come from.

See first screenshot (Arial and funny hammer type symbol) and then second which is Abel and still has the character there… but totally invisible, not even a Special Character recognition.

Hopefully this is the cause. If not I'll be back, thanks.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 14.23.11.png

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 14.23.42.png