You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lots of problems

Dawny70

Hi. I have a lot of issues. I have V2. I am using iPad Pro 2021. Originally when I downloaded the software i installed assets. Styles brushes. 
The software kept closing in the middle of something. 
now all my assets have disappeared. I have reset it. Deleted app and re downloaded it. Reset multiple times. I have the assets icon. I open it try to create a new one but nothing happens. Go to install assets. It takes me to my files, I add one. The screen dims but still nothing. 
some brushes have the category but no brushes. Some styles same. No styles in there. 
the edges of my lines look pixelated. I have no fonts. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed response we have been very busy with the launch of our V2 version. If you are still experiencing issues with the iPad versions of the apps please could you list them below so I can look into this further with you and get any bugs logged with our developers :) In regards to the glitchy paint brush previews you are seeing please could you tell me which version of iOS you are using and on which iPad?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

2 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed response we have been very busy with the launch of our V2 version. If you are still experiencing issues with the iPad versions of the apps please could you list them below so I can look into this further with you and get any bugs logged with our developers :) In regards to the glitchy paint brush previews you are seeing please could you tell me which version of iOS you are using and on which iPad?

Thanks
C

Hi Callum

to be honest I’m scared of using it now. I don’t want to keep putting everything back then having to wipe it. I had to completely wipe my iPad from new. 
I have the latest IOS as I updated it last week. 
the iPad I have is iPad Pro 2021 256 memory. 
when I did the last wipe I didn’t restore it. So had nothing. It did work. But how long for. 
my friend had the same issue. Hers was working fine but a few days ago hers crashed and she had nothing either. 
the scale with object doesn’t work either. You try and scale something it goes all out of shape. 
There just seems like something bad is wrong. 
it also closes half way through when you are working on something then the software restarts when you go back to it. 

Hi Callum,

Concerning the glitchy brushes section, the issue is still present to this day and is on and off... Sometimes the app doesn't show glitches in the brushes section and afterwards it does. When it does, brushes can still be used without issues but it is hard to see the details of the brushes for proper use (another pic added to show glitch).

iPad details - Pro 12.9" 2021 256GB / IOS 16.1.1

Following Dawny70, I feel like it is scary to use with the current V2 version...

In the past few days, I tested the app again and it crashed several times as I was simply adding a shape and resizing it. Also, in one occasion, there was a problem with the layers menu that was consistently showing one item on the working area (see pic).

Thanks!

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Callum, any news about the reported brushes' glitches (my December 07th post)?

I wanted to report back and share that I'm still having issues with that everyday. When brushes appear like that I quit the app/restart. Things are functional for a bit but then it comes back.

Thanks,

Valerie

On 12/6/2022 at 2:00 AM, Dawny70 said:

I don’t want to keep putting everything back then having to wipe it. I had to completely wipe my iPad from new. 

For disappearing brushes assets you can tap the screen twice while opening the app. When splash screen appears do two quick taps with your finger. This brings up a reset screen where you can reset brushes and assets. Then let it finish opening. Now you can add brushes and assets again. Hopefully devs will sort out what causes this issue. Hopefully this saves you wiping and reinstalling.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

3 hours ago, DM1 said:

For disappearing brushes assets you can tap the screen twice while opening the app. When splash screen appears do two quick taps with your finger. This brings up a reset screen where you can reset brushes and assets. Then let it finish opening. Now you can add brushes and assets again. Hopefully devs will sort out what causes this issue. Hopefully this saves you wiping and reinstalling.🙂

I have reset several times. But thanks for your suggestion