You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transparent Background in PDF Export Preview

velarde

I noticed that when I export a PDF document in Designer (It's probably the same for all there apps) the Preview window is showing me a transparent background.

Even though I DON'T have the Transparent background check in my document setup preferences.

This makes a text heavy document hard to read as I see the checkered background instead of a white background.

I tried using JPG as the export option and I see it correctly there . A white background in the preview 

Could you please check this?

Thanks,

fjv

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Instagram.com/soyfervelarde

I have the same problem. So I think it's not an issue but just the way the preview is displayed.

But I totally agree, it's a real problem because the preview is almost unreadable. And then useless...

I'd really appreciate to have the reason of such a choice. Is there a setting to avoid this?

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi, 

PDF's don't support a background colour.  You can add a shape for a background in your document (similar to how enabling backgrounds in Adobe's own software adds a shape behind the document when you enable a background), but PDF's don't have a specific feature for backgrounds.

Lee