You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Roadmap - Serif what are You up to - next ?

I think we all waited for the @Ash post here which answered many questions we had.

Going forward with this idea of openness, I have a proposal for Serif staff members:

I remember back in the days when there was a roadmap for V1, but then it was canceled due to reasons known for Serif.

Since we're now in V2, I would humbly ask to consider going back to this idea. We all visiting the forums daily see that big red info at the top that response time is elongated due to v2 premiere. That's understandable. But since many of us still wait for the things we asked for 3-5-7 years ago and some of them even simple are still not implemented - I think we could all benefit, as a community, from the list of things you want to add in the future. Since there are many features that were "considered" to be added years ago, and didn't ever found its way into the suite, I can't see any cons to this idea. You still can just write something and don't provide. But many of us, me included, we could sleep happier knowing that this or that will eventually come since it's on the list.

If you're afraid this roadmap topic would push users to show their dissatisfaction - just close the topic like you did @Ash with V2 pricing post...

I would understand if this would a CIA forum, or FBI and there are some things top secret, but then again - we are here not only as customers but a willing to help fan base, we truly love your efforts put into the software. Could you share more with us? In the past, we've seen many posts all over the internet regarding your lack of communication. There are many speculations than etc., and I think it all does more harm than help to Affiniters as w whole group. This could be so easily strengthen with more communication, and what could be more appreciated that a list of the "soon in suite" things? Please at least consider it, and if the answer will be again "NO" that try at least to elaborate why you choose so.

The second thing needing a separate topic is polls. This would be great if we would be greeted by a poll that would state "Hi, we need your opinion since we are now working on this and that and we would like to know what else would you like to see". And users could pick and choose or write down what they need. Simple action and everyone who bought the app would feel important and that he's opinion matters.

I really think that a person or a company that uses "I know better" view on things is considered poorly. If you know better what are needs are, atleast share that opinion in the roadmap :)

If you don't make a poll like this, I will do it just for fun :D

Enjoy your day, everyone.
Take care!

4 hours ago, mrqasq said:

it was canceled due to reasons known for Serif

^ Whatever this confused claim is supposed to mean, haha.
Of course the reasons were known to Serif. That's why they made the decision, obviously.

Anyway.
Here's a very recent staff post on your topic, among many others:

Hope that helps, although I somehow have the feeling that it won't. Meh.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

I mean, this sounds like a childish argument to me : "(...) roadmap was removed because some users were seeing it more as a promise than a roadmap subject to changes and adjustments."

Since they now don't care about informing anyone about anything, why care that some small portion of forum users were upset that something wasn't listed or weren't implemented as intended.

Make a roadmap topic in the News and Announcements.
Put a roadmap in there.
Close topic.
Give moderators order to close all topics regarding roadmap.

By doing this I think there will be more people happy than not. And all people whining will be silenced. It could actually help since now, most topics of this forum are either praising or whining.