You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Topaz Plugins

I have done some experiments with the Topaz plugins, denoise, sharpen, photo AI and gigapixel inside Affinity photo. I couldn't get them to work in V1, which might have been because I was using the Mac App Store version. With V2 I bought directly from Affinity and they almost all work! Gigapixel did not work and Photo Ai worked great... except for the enlarging function (same function as gigapixel). I have found the stand alone versions very useful so having them directly in Photo is real plus. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone.,

I too tried to install Gigapixel Ai and failed. I tried it both on Photo V1 and Photo V2. So, now, I don't know what to do. I have two questions that someone may manage to answer for me:

1. Is there another upscaling app that will work as a plugin (on V2 as this is the one I will use going forward)?
  2. Are there any plans to make the Gigapixel work as a plugin in V2?

Thanks to all,

Robin

See my reply above:

As far as I am aware, the Affinity plugin interface accepts a single image, and returns a single image of the same size. GigaPixel, by design, will return an image of a different size. I cannot see this being rectified until Affinity changes its plugin API. In the meantime, do like I do, use the standalone.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630