You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Failed to save because ownership could not be verified

I have 2 computers. A 2016 MacBook Pro running Monterey. And a 2019 iMac running Ventura. I'm getting an error when saving. Typically it goes like this. I make changes and do the first save -- all is well. But on the second (or maybe 3rd or 4th) save, I get this error: Failed to save document: Filename Save failed because ownership of the file could not be verified. The document must now be closed. When I close the document, it tries to open the recovery file, but can't. I have to quit the application and then reopen it and go through the same thing all over again. This was happening on Ver 1 as well, just not as often. Here is a screenshot from my mbp.

NOTE: I am saving to pCloud. MacFUSE is updated on both computers. I do not have this issue with iCloud or to my local drive.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 4.28.34 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Serif can work out something, but in the meantime I recommend you don’t work on files on a network drive (pCloud or otherwise). I also use pCloud, and almost all of my Affinity documents are on pCloud, but rather than work on them from the pCloud Drive, I have those folders set up as synced folders by pCloud. There are no issues with this arrangement, since the files are local copies not affected by the whims of an Internet connection.

Ideally, yes using sync folders would be the way to go. Unfortunately, the pCloud in question is used by more than just myself (shared pCloud folder) and there is a very large amount of folders and files involved - hence using pCloud.

For the time being I will copy the file to my local PC and then copy it back to pCloud afterwards.

I also have a support request with pCloud who are looking in to the issue as well. As it seems that the issue is caused by pCloud syncing the file when it's open and locked and that is causing a disconnect between the application and file. Other cloud providers I've tried don't have this issue (iceDrive, oneDrive).

• 10 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Saving Failed increasing frequency of reports" (REF: AFP-4826) has been fixed by the developers in build "2.2.1 Release".

This fix is in the current customer release.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...