You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rollback to version 1

muddyfrog

No, but if you work on COPIES of your existing V1 files, then you will always have a back-up.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

Apparently, you can copy/paste all Layers from your V2 document to your V1 document and you only "lose" the new V2 features. (Assuming you used any of them)

I have not tried it but it may be worth you trying it

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I have tried this ... with Designer but depends on how you have been working.
You can copy the artboard between V2 > V1. or other layers and objects.
If applied new features in V2 results might be a bit unexpected.
rasters should exchange  

Publisher have not tried!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

On 11/22/2022 at 4:34 PM, chessboard said:

You could also try to export to a different format as PDF or SVG and open it in AD Version 1.

@chessboard's is the pragmatic way to tackle it - assuming you can open and use the version 2 apps at all.

You may find the files are changed on opening, and you might have to recreate some things such as artboard arrangements that I don't think are part of the svg spec for example. It may be the least painful path on balance though.

Until an app has reached version 4, I would suggest always backing up your files, before opening any in the newer version. I know, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I learned the lesson the hard way myself many-many years ago, while technology was still a bit of a 'wild west'. It happens a lot less now, than it did in those days - though that's no consolation to you. It's painful, and I'm sorry you didn't know. Keep going, these things happen.

Edited by ProDesigner
Poorly constructed sentances and spelling - always spelling!.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.