You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Initial color settings

DarkClown

When I start a new document in sRGB mode - trying to change the filling of an object the color dialog initially keeps offering me CMYK sliders. Quite annoying and not good for a proper workflow.

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @DarkClown,

I'm observing the same behaviour in V1 and V2, the Fill/Stroke colour panels along the context toolbar reflect what is currently set on my Colour Panel.

For example, If I set my colour panel to the HSL wheel and then restart Designer 1/2 and then create a new document (Doesn't matter what colour profile is set), when I change the fill of my object it will offer me a HSL wheel.

Is this the same for you?

I just checked with Publisher V2: When starting a new project in RGB color space the setting of the color mode in AP (color panel) stays at CMYK.
When switching the color mode in the panel to RGB and starting a new project in CMYK it switches to CMYK (what would be expected).
Starting another new project in RGB the color panel stays on CMYK 😞 (not good at all!)
There is significant inconsistency here.

In AP 1 the color panel just seems to stick with whatever was set before - regardles of the document format (space for improvement but could be somehow acceptable as well)

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• Staff
On 12/2/2022 at 4:12 PM, DarkClown said:

I just checked with Publisher V2: When starting a new project in RGB color space the setting of the color mode in AP (color panel) stays at CMYK.
When switching the color mode in the panel to RGB and starting a new project in CMYK it switches to CMYK (what would be expected).
Starting another new project in RGB the color panel stays on CMYK 😞 (not good at all!)
There is significant incosnitency here.

In AP 1 the color panel just seems to stick with whatever was set before - regardles of the document format (space for improvement but could be somehow acceptable as well)

Thanks for providing additional detail as I hadn't realised this is only possible with CMYK in V2, I've been able to replicate this and it has now been logged with the developers. 🙂