You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I like what was done with the Develop Persona

I like what was done in the Develop Persona in Affinity Photo. I use Affinity Photo in the last step of my processing. Today I had plenty of time to really test the output I could get from binging my RAW files into Affinity Photo after my first two steps of culling and adding IPTC and keyword data. So, instead of developing the RAW file in my regular editing software and sending a tiff to Affinity Photo I took the RAW file directly to Affinity Photo. What I found throughout the day was I was getting as good or much better final product with Affinity Photo, the result file size for the .afphoto was much smaller because it held the linked RAW file instead of a tiff file, and it had read and loaded the key words from the Xmp sidecar. 

I think if had a way to create presets that would let me populate several of the Metadata fields I could simply paste in the keywords for a photo and go straight to Affinity Photo from my culling of photos.  I intend to keep working like this until I hit a snag that I didn’t encounter today.  

What I would like to see is: A way to click and have a larger area for the metadata fields so it would be easier to type in the data and paste in keywords. Something like an option button on the Metadata Panel. The current area and print is too small to work with for a long period.  Anything to make entering that data would be good. Not having this now is not a problem that would prevent me from going from culling, to meta data entry in another app and all development. 

In short, the changes in the Develop Persona are going to give me a better or equal final product, save file storage space because of smaller afphoto sizes, and save me from having to maintain multiple RAW converters. 

Nice job by the folks who worked on this rewrite in any capacity. Thanks. 

Peace

Marvin