You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo both 1 and 2 iPad versions do not recognise my Sony A7IV raw files

SonySean

If I try to open a raw file from my Sony A7IV on either version 1 or 2 iPad app it comes up with the following fault

/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6E98AE5C-6283-4420-BD7C-D2B5F62B96E1/Emp//loading.tiff.

These are saved in the camera as compressed raw and the iPad identifies them as a raw file, the Sony A7IV is on the supported camera list with (new) next to it.

Any ideas are welcome

many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 11:30 AM, NathanC said:

Hi @SonySean welcome to the forums,

Could you provide me with a few sample files you're encountering this error with? I've provided a private dropbox link below for uploading.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/YYVDOBRKGrwLSU4GIZzc

On 11/21/2022 at 9:04 PM, SonySean said:

If I try to open a raw file from my Sony A7IV on either version 1 or 2 iPad app it comes up with the following fault

/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6E98AE5C-6283-4420-BD7C-D2B5F62B96E1/Emp//loading.tiff.

These are saved in the camera as compressed raw and the iPad identifies them as a raw file, the Sony A7IV is on the supported camera list with (new) next to it.

Any ideas are welcome

many thanks.

Many thanks

50759C9F-A3CF-49A0-8720-C1F875355C0F.thumb.jpeg.451729d4b1c6bcc69b87f9f45aeefb48.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @SonySean,

Apologies, I hadn't realised that you had uploaded to my dropbox link, i've confirmed the files are opening correctly on Designer iPad, as expected for standard .JPEG files. I believe the issue is caused by the location your images are stored in, as I had missed the fact that you mentioned these images are stored on the camera rather than saved locally on the iPad (Try saving an image to a local iPad location and opening it in designer to confirm this, such as files).

I'll raise this internally to confirm whether or not this should be possible to open images on iPad directly from this camera, but could you first clarify how you are reading the images off of the camera, is this a USB to SD card reader or something else completely?

Any additional details you can provide along with screenshots would be great.

Hi Nathan,

This is related to Affinity Photo not designer, I think I have posted in the wrong area.

It is when I try open open a RAW file from Apple Photos, this is where I store my photos, these have already been imported from the SD card.

it comes up with the following message, 

1F0E00C6-D4AF-4333-86A8-67BF0AA88B28.jpeg

• Staff

Thanks for clarifying @SonySean,

I have moved the thread over to Photo 2 bugs as you had originally posted this in Designer 2 bugs. The files on my previous dropbox link are all .JPEG (not RAW) files which are opening as expected after I've saved a few of them into Apple Photos and then opened them from Photos in Aff Photo 2.

Could you provide me with a file which has caused this error to the below new dropbox link?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/sRazIRrneCvvHdisGW5U

Additionally, have you tried copying/saving one of these files over to a location in Files and then opening the file in Photo 2 from files for comparison?