You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inputting number for margin size in New Document, cuts number

Rory Mole

Here is what I feel is a bug which was not experienced in version 1.

When starting a new document and coming to the margin section to change margin sizes, once I have highlight (selected) the first number and typing a new number in, when a second digit is typed, the first digit disappears and I have to go back and put the number in again.  this also happens in the bleed numbering section of a new document.

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 16.02.12.png

Huh, I can't duplicate this one and I'm unsure why. I tried with millimetres and inches.

These fields do have the other issue with tabbing to them. if you click in the first of the four fields and then tab to the next one, it won't look highlighted but it actually is. If you type a digit the current value will disappear. I assume the two issues are related somehow.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

I think I have seen this discarded-first-numeral problem several times recently, but can't be certain.  It almost certainly wasn't on the New Document dialog box though.  I've tended to put it down to sloppy tipyng but will definitely watch more closely from now on…

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there to you all,

I've uploaded a screen recording as Stokerg has suggested.  I've been an Affinity Publisher user from the start and have not had this issue.
I have a late 2013 Macbook Pro 13 inch, Retina model with 8GB or Ram and the usual stuff.  I am using MacOS Big Sur.  I had to upgrade from Mojave because version 2 of all Affinity Apps would not work it.
I actually wanted to install Catalina but I had so many issues with the installation freezing and so forth, so I had to go with Big Sur.  I've installed all the updates until now, but not sure what his problem is.