You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does universal license cover new products?

16 minutes ago, nak21 said:

If a new product were to be offered in the future,would it be included in the universal license?

Doesn't the current offer already seem generous enough? In my opinion, if a new product is added to the suite, it would make sense to buy it.
While you're at it, why not ask Serif to pay you to use their products? 

I'm just making assumptions, but it sounds like the way they're doing the license it would include anything in the "v2" tranche (such as upgrades to "v2" that are not big enough to declare a new "v3"). Because that's what they did with v1.

The real question is when there's a v3 of their apps will they offer a lower priced upgrade option for the universal license or will they just discount the new "v3" license for a limited time period for everyone?

I'm just happy everything is not just monthly-subscription-only. That way if you decide you're not doing enough work to justify the cost for the next major upgrade you don't have to and can keep using the existing version you have the same way people used to do with Adobe Creative Suite software.

slice2.png.cb7417e51279952dd5c1adc42860264d.pngpRiNt! mOnKeY! 🖨️🙊
💻Lenovo Legion 5 Pro*, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H, 2300 Mhz, 14 Core, 32GB DDR5-4800, nVidia RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windoze 11 💻
*Sometimes gets used for something other than games.

9 hours ago, G13RL said:

Doesn't the current offer already seem generous enough? In my opinion, if a new product is added to the suite, it would make sense to buy it.
While you're at it, why not ask Serif to pay you to use their products? 

There's one in every forum.

On 11/21/2022 at 1:35 PM, nak21 said:

If a new product were to be offered in the future,would it be included in the universal license?

Serif seem to have stated quite clearly what’s included:

Get Version 2 of Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher on all operating systems, including iPad, for one low bundle price.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 minutes ago, nak21 said:

I'm asking about the future

I understand that. I’m saying that what’s currently stated is all that’s included: if new apps were intended to be covered as long as they’re released during the version 2 development cycle, I would expect Serif’s statement to say so.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 11/21/2022 at 2:35 PM, nak21 said:

You are comic, you could have expanded your answer instead of throwing those words out. From your question, I understood that if a NEW application was released (in addition to the three already existing ones), you hoped that its license would already be paid for with the universal license. The subject is closed for me.

13 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I understand that. I’m saying that what’s currently stated is all that’s included: if new apps were intended to be covered as long as they’re released during the version 2 development cycle, I would expect Serif’s statement to say so.

Good point,Alfred.

The issue of future updates was already answered here a long time ago:

In short, they're not planning to come up with an Affinity 3 one month later or something and they still have feature upgrades planned for Affinity 2. They're not planning to have a fixed annual major upgrade every year either, Affinity 2 most likely means more than one year of upgrades.

Anyway it's all more than reasonable especially for US$100 so I'm not worried. And if all you want is Affinity Photo for the iPad or something (which was enough for me for the longest time) then it's a super good deal. I mean the iPad apps are almost as capable as the desktop apps.

slice2.png.cb7417e51279952dd5c1adc42860264d.pngpRiNt! mOnKeY! 🖨️🙊
💻Lenovo Legion 5 Pro*, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H, 2300 Mhz, 14 Core, 32GB DDR5-4800, nVidia RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windoze 11 💻
*Sometimes gets used for something other than games.

I can't imagine what they would add that would be a "must have" to the 3 apps justifying a 4th app that would all fall under the same umbrella. It would have to work with the same idea of a unified ecosystem of apps since they're more or less designed off of one another and branch off similar tech. Adding a weird ad hoc app that doesn't work within the "Affinity" concept wouldn't make much sense either. It'd have to be developed separately and concurrently...

Only thing I can think of is a drawing app, but they have that in AP/AD, it's just not fully fleshed out yet.